Set Up Operator A - Large Press - 2nd & 3rd Shift
Menomonee Falls, WI
We are seeking an individual for the position of Set Up Operator A - Large Press. This person will set up, adjust and operate all presses up to and including the 660 ton press safely and efficiently to ensure quality product that meets customer expectations.
- Set, align and secure dies, set ram stroke, etc., to perform such operations as blank, shear, trim, punch, form draw, extrude, etc., in progressive, compound, cam acting or combination dies of complex design.
- Set stripper, knock-out, ejecting and safety devices, lubrication systems and coil feeds.
- Convert multi-purpose dies and improvise standard set ups for special adaptations when required.
- Perform minor die maintenance and minor die changes.
- Program and/or set up required sensing, support equipment and instruments for feeders, lubrication, air, part ejection and sensors.
- Ability to operate more than one press at a time when appropriate.
- Work from drawings and samples.
- Use precision measuring instruments for "operator self- inspection".
- Assist the Press room supervisor with special projects.
- Miscellaneous forklift duties
- General cleaning and housekeeping
- Display willingness to assist and train others when necessary.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- At least three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of metal stampings industry required.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally using both oral and written means.
- A team oriented approach to solving problems in a self-directed work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based upon production demand and at least 50 hours per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.