Manager of Material Planning and Scheduling - Dane
We are seeking an individual for the position of Manager of Material Scheduling and Planning. This position requires: a self-motivated individual with a sense of urgency to oversee the Material Planning and Scheduling functions for Vollrath’s Dane manufacturing facility; a person who will work collaboratively with the rest of the organization to achieve overall business objectives for his/her span of control; someone who will make data-driven decisions and utilize critical thinking including risk/reward trade-offs, total lifecycle costs and benefits, and critical path timing; and an individual with strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to provide regular reports and summaries to all levels of the organization from the shop floor to the board room.
The successful candidate will: be able to motivate individuals to achieve a common goal, utilize the talent development and performance management processes to build a strong diverse team with forethought around succession planning; possess business acumen to provide resource and budget estimates and articulate business cases; and have the ability to plan and track resources across multiple areas.
- Through your team, create and utilize consistent planning and scheduling methodologies to achieve delivery, working capital and inventory turn objectives.
- Lead the sales, inventory and operations planning (SIOP’s) process for critical product lines.
- Analyze production requirements based on immediate sales orders and short/medium term forecast considering production resources (people, materials, equipment).
- Work with local site management to determine within single or multi-plant production facilities the most cost efficient utilization of production resources for on time delivery and minimization of overall cost.
- Manage and monitor performance in relation to established goals (strategic, quality, delivery cost) for purchasing, production planning and inventory control functions (KPI’s and RCCM)
- Work with the Strategic Corporate Purchasing team to develop supplier strategies.
- Work with the Strategic Corporate Planning council to develop best practices
- Coordinate resolution of quality issues with suppliers (NCMR’s, CCR’s, etc.)
- Adherence, support and development of quality standards that support ISO certification
- Stay on the leading edge of supply chain best practices and technology as it relates to production planning and scheduling.
- Recommend and lead implementation of solutions to continually improve the planning and scheduling processes.
- Follow corporate planning procedures for all tactical planning of manufactured and purchased products.
- Act as the liaison between the Operations and Customer Service teams to prepare responses to significant customer inquiries and then deliver to the agreed on customer expectations.
- Fully support the New Product Development (NPD) process, as well as PPAP’s and process validation (PVM), either through personal or delegated representation.
- Actively identify, lead, and implement cost down and continual improvement activities
- Performance Management and Talent Development – In a timely manner and on a consistent basis provides candid feedback to employees regarding their performance.
- Challenge people to achieve their best and support them in their efforts for personal development.
- Establish succession plans for critical positions at all levels within the organization with special emphasis on high skill production positions.
- Participate in the hiring process to continue to build strong diverse teams.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a blended experience base in planning, purchasing and production assignments.
- 1-3 years of experience directly managing people.
- 4 year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management (required) with certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Marketing preferred.
- CPIM certification a plus.
- Proven track record of strong leadership and managerial skills. Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management and outside sources. Must be able to effectively delegate and work collaboratively with other functional departments.
- Strong background in lean manufacturing. A passion and ability to truly engage people at all levels of an organization. A balanced focus between processes and systems as well as achieving results.
- Subject matter expert level of knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (JD Edwards preferred).
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.