Lead Project Manager - Estimator
We are seeking an individual for the position of Lead Project Manager/Estimator. This person is responsible for managing new customer projects for the OEM division of Custom & Specialty Products. This role evaluate new projects, build timelines and manage internal resources and customer expectations through a gated process. In addition, this role will support sales by acting as a liaison between sales and engineering to evaluate and create new business quotes and act as the strategic lead for the NPD process for the Vollrath Manufacturing Services business.
- Consult and support field sales team in negotiating/understanding customer expectations and project specifications.
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resources, and capabilities against cost/price targets.
- Create and supply design and production timelines along with cost estimates to sales team and customers.
- Lead project kick-off meetings and manage cross-functional resources to ensure on-time and on budget product launches.
- Working with cross functional teams and customer, develop action plans to resolve delays and schedule recovery options.
- Ensure appropriate functions are prepared with required information and documentation through gated project process.
- Develop, document and manage a gated process that ensures project requirements are understood and met by sales, engineering, and operations through the design and development process.
- Provide direct oversite to other VMS project manager and resources.
- Provides input and support for new investment capability recommendations based on business opportunities and sales trends.
- Leads continuous improvement and strategic initiatives to streamline value-added processes within the Vollrath Company.
- Minimum 3+ yrs. Experience in a project management role and/or manufacturing estimator quoting function.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office products, CRM and general ability with business systems.
- Excellent communication skills, customer presentation skills. Acumen with selling processes.
- General understanding of P&L and other financial measurements
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Self-directed and motivated with the ability to facilitate problem solving within a custom sales solution.
- Experience with managing a team.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience in an OEM manufacturing environment.
- Engineering and Manufacturing background preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year university required.
- PMP Certification preferred
- MBA preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with process improvement.
- Exceptional client facing communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Time Management
- Microsoft Office and ERP experience preferred
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.