Equipment Sales Manager - Florida
We are seeking an individual for the position of Equipment Sales Manager. This person would be required to manage and assist consultants, dealer designers, operators and other commercial foodservice professionals in specifying and purchasing the appropriate Vollrath product(s) for their projects. This manager would be responsible for planning and executing strategies that correlate to the Vollrath Companies strategic plan.
Reporting to the Director of Serving Systems and Components, this role is responsible for identifying sales opportunities and driving Vollrath equipment specifications and sales. This manager will also partner with other foodservice sales managers (DSM’s) to capture business across the breadth of the Vollrath product line and will work professionally with his/her colleagues to consult on or refer opportunities when necessary. He/she will coordinate and work closely with project managers, design, engineering, marketing and category managers.
- Administering sales strategies that drive the specification of Vollrath serving systems and fabricator components.
- Define and engage with local network of operators (including K-12, College & University, Healthcare, Business & Industry, Hotel & Lodging, Recreation – Stadium/Arena/Entertainment), consultants, dealer designers, dealers, food management companies, group purchasing organizations, general contractors and fabricators.
- Drive the specification of Vollrath countertop equipment and smallwares where possible. This includes consulting with Vollrath District Sales Managers (DSMs) and/or channel partners when necessary on opportunities and referring opportunities for these products to Vollrath DSMs and/or channel partners where applicable.
- Drive purchase orders and design sign-off.
- Remain accessible after delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage relationships on an ongoing basis and work to uncover and generate new opportunities
- Communicate in timely and in an effective manner with direct manager regarding product or policy issues and competitive insights.
- Use company forms and logs for customer complaints, samples, weekly reports, equipment logs, CRM reporting, etc., in an effective and timely manner. Submit Weekly Reports as directed.
- Careful maintenance of all company-provided tools such as computers, smart phones, etc. is required.
- Demonstrate careful control of overall expenses including travel costs, samples and consignment products.
- Expenses must meet company guidelines. Consignment product is to be resolved within six months of billing.
- Maintain samples and consignment product necessary for demonstrations, shows, and meetings.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required.
- Experience: Minimum of eight years of related experience required.
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 50%) and when required work nights and weekends.
- Ability to set short-and long-term goals within the framework of the company’s strategic plan and to develop and execute plans to achieve them. Ability to prioritize time and effort for results.
- Experience calling on and having established relationships with foodservice consultants and dealer designers.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Act-On Marketing Automation software is desirable, but not required.
- Understanding of mechanical design, electronics, basic plumbing, NSF and UL standards. Ability to learn and understand commercial foodservice product’s features and installation.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to effectively follow-up in a timely manner. Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive for results, solve problems, work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong ability to deliver sales presentations and communicate product features and technical details. Ability to deliver clear and concise reports within Vollrath.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Must know or become proficient in the use of CMS, The Cube, Concept, Vollrath Intranet, and other technologies as they become available.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.