Engineer - Senior Team Lead
We are seeking an individual for the position of Engineer - Senior Team. This individual is responsible for project management (multiple team size: 6+ engineers/designers). They execute projects requiring masterful deployment of highly uncertain new technologies with large unique integration. They conceive of and execute enabling technologies with broad applications.
- Maintains schedules through interaction with Engineering management and the NPD teams.
- Works as single point of contact on multiple projects and across multiple teams.
- Maintain ongoing project requirements and specifications for multiple projects.
- Mentors and/or supervises less experienced engineers.
- Persuasive team leader who is regarded as subject matter expert.
- Cross-pollinates best practices.
- Primary resource for corporate senior/executive management on technical matters-often with extensive customer influence and/or technical complexity.
- Can justify risk under critical review by creating the broad business context.
- Conceives of new technical requirements, strategies or business practices in order to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrates product/process expertise in multiple technologies or categories with global reach and influence.
- Manufacturing technology expert, with global reach and influence.
- Results include leadership of multiple manufacturing processes or technologies each with significant business impact.
- Problem solving and quality systems expert, with global reach and influence.
- Results include numerous improvements programs with significant business impact, with a combination of expertise in quality tools, customer experience and process technologies.
- Develop engineers skill set.
- Ongoing design reviews/brainstorming sessions with engineers/designers working on projects under your control.
- Work with other engineers to help increase their knowledge skills.
- Develop analytical processes.
- Share experience.
- Review other concepts/designs.
- Applicants for Senior Team Lead – Mechanical need to have a Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from universities or colleges accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Required to have 15 + years of relevant work experience.
- Required to have an advanced degree (MS). Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Travel as required to support projects.
- Detail oriented with time management skills.
- Highly competent in MS Office and CAD (Solid works preferred).
- Proficiency in complex engineering analytical CAE tools (e.g. CFD, FEA)
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.