Director - Global Distribution and Logistics
We are seeking an individual for the position of Director - Global Distribution and Logistics. This person is responsible for the successful planning and coordination of enterprise-wide distribution and logistics management by creating and executing strategic plans for finished goods warehousing, inbound and outbound freight, carrier contract negotiations, transportation network modeling, cargo and freight planning, transportation analysis, and ongoing order execution and monitoring.
- Responsible for all distribution operations, transportation, and support across all distribution channels.
- Drive the design, development, implementation and management of distribution solutions for customers
- Ascertain industry best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate Vollrath within the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction
- Effectively align short-term project objectives with long-term department and company vision
- Ensure efficient product flow and strategies are developed and implemented to meet product demand
- Ensure network optimization
- Manage all aspects of supply chain partner contract negotiation and selection and service level agreements and performance
- Effectively manage supplier/carrier/logistics provider relationships
- Identify variances and coordinate logistics management reviews to drive continuous improvement
- Serve as liaison with all internal and external partners for daily operational activities
- Track, analyze and communicate key performance metrics
- Facilitate team meetings effectively
- Motivate team members to work independently and as a team toward the project objectives
- Apply DMAIC Problem-solving methodology where appropriate
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Vollrath in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Vollrath’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Ensure goals of safety, quality, delivery, and cost are met.
- Optimize costs while meeting customer service policy commitments
- Manage warehouse and logistics systems and manpower
- Customer and Supplier relationship management
- Logistics contracting management
- Freight audit payment process management
- Validates effectiveness of ERP based systems and provides input on system upgrade/enhancements needed to meet customer expectations and business objectives
- Domestic and international travel may be required. A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for
- Manager – US Distribution
- Manager – International Logistics and Trade Compliance
- Manager – Domestic Transportation
- WMS/TMS Business Analyst
- Customer Service & Logistics Manager – China
- General Manager Office/Warehouse – Mexico
- 12 years of Distribution Management experience required
- Master’s degree in business or related field is required
- US and international customs rules and regulations. DOT rules and regulations.
- Managing diverse teams, process improvement, extensive knowledge and experience within an ERP, WMS and TMS systems.
- Manage complex logistical movements; work with others at a high and collaborative level, drive strategic initiatives.
- Strong analytical, strategic and leadership abilities.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.