Trade Show & Event Coordinator
We are seeking an individual for the position of Trade Show & Event Coordinator. This person is responsible for producing positive brand experiences that increase brand equity and contribute to our growing reach through events and event marketing, while integrating business objectives and measurement tools to maximize ROI. This role includes planning and managing logistics for industry trade shows, channel partner meetings and customer events as well as internal sales and marketing conferences. This requires both a tactical expert who can manage to efficiently produce events on schedule, within budget and with the goal of maximizing participation for the greatest return on investment. Assists with other marketing duties as required.
Trade Show Strategy, Planning & Oversight
- Manage overall annual trade show calendar for Vollrath Corporate and all business units.
- Support marketing strategies and program objectives by enabling and facilitating participation in key tradeshows and events that reach target customers and industry influencers.
- Manage end-to-end all trade shows and events, strategy, logistics, staffing, booth training and execution.
- Establish and monitor event budgets.
- Manage outside vendors and to arrange space, literature, hotels, equipment rental, and set-up and dismantling of the exhibit; and planning and coordinating the routing of exhibit shipments.
- Work closely with Digital Marketing & Traditional Marketing teams to ensure integrated pre-show outreach and post-show follow up occurs.
Sales Meeting Oversight & Other Customer Events
- Manage all planning and execution of key company events including logistics, catering, marketing and presentation.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with the companies that supply event services or facilities, such as conference centers, hotels, catering firms, audiovisual specialists and set builders.
- In collaboration with Sales Directors, develop event program, identify topics that are relevant to the audience. Select and brief presenters, provide them with a schedule and arrange any audiovisual facilities they require.
- For internal events, work with leaders of differential functional areas to plan and execute events such as customer meetings, media visits, and other events with high level dignitaries.
- For external events, identify potential venues that meet desired criteria per business unit managers and offer facilities for catering, presentations and breakout sessions. Visit facilities to assess and provide recommendations.
- Oversee all aspects of the meeting before, during and after the event to ensure proper execution.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors.
Company Wearables Program Oversight
- Manage company’s wearables program, including but not limited to selection of products, logos management and tracking.
Metrics Analysis and Process Improvements
- In collaboration with marketing operations team to evaluate event performance based on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) such as CPL (Cost per Lead), MQL (Marketing Qualified Lead) volume, opportunities created and influenced revenue. Make recommendations to marketing team based on event performance.
- Conduct post-show and post-event surveys to gather feedback and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage, maintain, and recommend continuous improvements for all booth properties and assets. Remain current on new trends in exhibit design and integrated technology.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. Preferred 3-4 years of experience with strong emphasis on tradeshows and event planning.
- Excellent project management skills. Proven ability to effectively lead projects from inception through to implementation.
- Experience in creating an exciting show floor presence to drive booth traffic & generate leads.
- Passionate, dedicated, detail-oriented and able to work under pressure while managing multiple projects with competing and tight deadlines.
- Experience with vendor management & negotiating contracts.
- Collaborative approach with peer interactions and ability to work cross-functionally to support business goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Ability to interact with various functional areas at management levels.
- Comfortable in an event setting and speaking with customers and prospects.
- Experience with the companies that supply event services or facilities, such as exhibit houses, show management groups, conference centers, hotels, catering firms, and audiovisual specialists.
- 20% travel required, domestic and international (may include evenings and weekends)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Duties may require bending, walking or standing for extended periods of time.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.