Tool & Die Maker Assistant
Menomonee Falls, WI
We are seeking an individual for the position of Tool & Die Maker Assistant. This is an entry level position performing duties such as die change overs, sharpening, minor die repairs, and general machining operations. Apprenticeship for journeyman tool and die maker is available if interested in continued education and entry conditions are met.
- Assemble dies and fixtures
- Perform inspection and aid in tryout operations as specified for tooling and equipment.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Set up and operate conventional or CNC machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- One year of experience in metal stampings or tool room experience preferred.
- Experience with lathes, surface grinders and mills is preferred.
- Must be able to read CAD drawings for work that requires close tolerances.
- Must be able to understand and use shop mathematics and handbook formulas.
- Must be capable of using machine tools and hand tools to properly fit and assemble parts, repair or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.