Technical Service Representative
We are seeking an individual for the position of Technical Service Representative. This position will demonstrate the company mission statement of Outperform Everyday by helping our customers solve their problems and improve their profitability by being their advocate.
- Provide world class technical service and support for all Vollrath customers for all electrical and gas-powered products.
- Provide fast, efficient telephone and email response to customers.
- Staff the technical service 800 number(s,) as required
- Process email inquiries
- Maintain acceptable levels of responsiveness and productivity for number of telephone calls and emails, while providing nearly perfect accuracy of information.
- Work with fellow technical team mates to ensure adequate coverage of telephones and emails throughout the workday.
- Provide support for customer warranty issues by performing the following:
- Troubleshooting the problem with the customer on the phone
- Opening a service call related to a warranty problem
- Advise the customer on how to address the problem.
- Send correspondence to a designated service agency.
- Follow up on open service calls and ensure timely execution of the remedy.
- Communicate with the customer and service agency, as needed.
- Maintain a high level of technical product knowledge through internal training programs, reviewing available literature and personal interaction with Product Managers, Engineers and other experts.
- Communicate with the Technical Service Management and Product Managers on new, unique and persistent issues, to seek understanding, problem solving and future product improvements.
- Manage customer accounts. Ensure open service calls and parts orders are processed in a timely and correct fashion. This includes reviewing reports and making inquiries. Ensure special requirements are documented and implemented properly.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers and coworkers to ensure smooth communication and problem resolution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong PC and ERP-based skills.
- Strong teamwork and customer-focused orientation.
- A degree beyond high school preferred.
- Technical service experience and electrical knowledge preferred.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.