Technical Service Representative III
We are seeking an individual for the position of Technical Service Representative III. This individual will be provide aftermarket service support by supplying technical assistance, product/policy information and by resolving field complaint. This person may be required to travel up to 25% of the time to provide support for trade shows, installations, or service repairs.
- Assure highly responsive service, including telephone/e-mail support, warranty-related service, and other required support to end-users, distributors, and national accounts.
- Diagnose problems, advise customers of equipment servicing procedures, and suggest skills or techniques required to make corrections. Instruct local service company on proper methods when required.
- Work with engineering when required to handle unusual or difficult technical problems. Become familiar with new product design, maintenance and service.
- Follow up all service calls received to assure action has been completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot complex systems to the component level.
- Document incoming service calls, their problem statement and the solution required to bring the unit back into service.
- Understand methods of identifying parts and the processes required to ship them.
- Ensure distributors, dealers and field service submit warranty claims in the required format and on time.
- Responsible for ensuring that a service agent does proper equipment startups and on site instructional trainings on Stoelting equipment.
- Will be expected to travel at short notice and will be expected to work without supervision, being able to evaluate a situation and react in a positive manner, while under pressure.
- Assist sales and participate in trade shows when required.
- Facilitates and/or participate in various projects and other assignments, internal to and external to Technical Services.
- Act and perform in a professional manner projecting a positive personal and company image.
- Communicates well with other departments in a positive manner and prepare accurate and well structure field reports, expense reports and other documents.
- Be the company role model of Technical Service excellence.
- Be on-call after hours on a rotating schedule
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in an Electro-Mechanical or Refrigeration or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in field service, technical service/training experience within a related industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to take direction well, either written or verbal
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to be detail oriented and multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel as required both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Refrigeration experience preferred.
- Leadership experience a plus
This position works out of a home office and travels up to 25% of the time.