Technical Service Representative II
We are seeking an individual for the position of Technical Service Representative II. This individual will be responsible Assuring customer satisfaction in all after sale and support functions.Responsible for the management of after sale technical support for all customers, including but not limited to service call center, distributor support, technical service training, and service networks.
- Assure highly responsive service, including telephone/e-mail support, warranty-related service, and other required support to end-users, distributors, and national accounts.
- Diagnose problems, advise customers of equipment servicing procedures, and suggest skills or techniques required to make corrections. Instruct local service company on proper methods when required.
- Work with engineering when required to handle unusual or difficult technical problems. Become familiar with new product design, maintenance and service.
- Follow up all service calls received to assure action has been completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Document incoming service calls, their problem statement and the solution required to bring the unit back into service.
- Understand methods of identifying parts and the processes required to ship them.
- Ensure distributors, dealers and field service submit warranty claims in the required format and on time.
- Responsible for ensuring that a service agent does proper equipment startups and on site instructional trainings on Stoelting equipment.
- Will be expected to travel at short notice and will be expected to work without supervision, being able to evaluate a situation and react in a positive manner, while under pressure.
- Assist sales and participate in trade shows when required.
- Facilitates and/or participate in various projects and other assignments, internal to and external to Technical Services.
- Act and perform in a professional manner projecting a positive personal and company image.
- Communicates well with other departments in a positive manner and prepare accurate and well structure field reports, expense reports and other documents.
- Be the company role model of Technical Service excellence.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in an Electro-Mechanical or Refrigeration or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in field service, technical service/training experience within a related industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to take direction well, either written or verbal
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to be detail oriented and multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel as required both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics