Staff Accountant, Cash Operations
We are seeking an individual for the position of Staff Accountant, Cash Operations. This individual will guide and direct accounts payable staff in activities affecting the status and details of vendor accounts. Coordinate staff efforts in applying Company policies and procedures relating to expense reimbursement, vendor set-up, and supplier payment processing.
- Employee Supervision
- Supervise part time Accounting Specialists to ensure daily activities are performed as expected.
- Provide performance management duties for all direct reports per the company guidelines
- Provide dotted line support to full time accounting specialists in order to assist the Supervisor in maintaining an effective working environment.
- Cash Management Activities
- Manage company funds by maintaining the daily reporting of cash balances, loans, disbursements, and investments.
- Initiate and/or approve the transfer of funds between banks and/or bank accounts.
- Direct bank transfers to include the review and distribution of wire payments and file maintenance, ACH transfers and file maintenance, positive pay, check printing and distribution of Vollrath Company checks.
- Support petty cash funding and maintain log petty cash log. Assist with petty cash box disbursements and reconciliation.
- VEBA, UAW, United Way, WWC processing and manual bills.
- Cash sheet, general ledger and bank balance tie outs.
- Support credit card management.
- Assist with monthly account reconciliations.
- Provide back-up for accounts payable closing procedures.
- Review and support company policies and procedures for evaluation and initiation of process improvements as needed.
- Accounts Payable Activities
- Provide support to and back-up for domestic payables processing as needed:
- Vendor invoices/credit memos, check requests, Freight, Return orders, Expense reports and utility bills.
- Process International warehouse transactions including payable invoices, debit memos and warranty claims, prepayments, intercompany offsets and reconciliation of open receipts.
- Perform monthly accruals and research vendor requests.
- Maintain vendor files including address book, tax ID’s, reporting codes and 1099 information.
- Assist in the development of accounts payable process improvements
- Provide assist with general ledger inquiries:
- Account coding for invoices.
- Invoice and payment research.
- Audit requests.
- Proficient use of the following systems:
- JD Edwards
- Fortis documentation imaging.
- Approve IT authorization process.
- Microsoft application proficiency.
- This position requires an ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- The ability to handle and resolve exception or unusual items.
- Must be a strong communicator as this position deals with upper management on a regular basis.
- A four year degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years experience in accounts payable or related accounting field.
- Personal computer skills are essential and JDE (ERP) software knowledge is preferred.