Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
We are seeking an individual for the position of Shipping & Receiving Supervisor. This position will supervise, plan, and schedule all of the shipping and receiving activities for the personnel assigned.
- Plan the daily assignments of direct reports.
- Assign operations and work functions to all direct reports.
- Perform assignments in accordance with the current labor agreement and shop rules.
- Administer discipline according to shop rules and labor agreement.
- Provide adequate instructions for employees to perform assigned tasks to current methods of the stockroom.
- Develop productivity standards and provide feedback to assigned personnel to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide a high level of customer service through on-time deliveries and total quality commitment..
- Maintain a work environment in accordance with current health and safety regulations and standards.
- Provide proper instruction for use of all materials and equipment.
- Conduct Job Safety Observations with hourly employees.
- Review current and future work loads in each function and adjust personnel levels.
- Maintain vacation schedules for employees.
- Maintain overtime records in accordance with labor agreement.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of necessary supplies.
- Maintain housekeeping practices which are conducive to the 5S Program.
- Provide an avenue for open communication with employees and management personnel.
- Must have strong leadership skills in support of our Corporate Core Values.
- Combination of education and work experience, equivalent to a college degree.
- Five to seven years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Experience with JDE preferred.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.