Set Up Operator B / Medium Press
Menomonee Falls, WI
Seeking a Set Up Operator B / Medium Press to set up, adjust and operate up to 300 ton punch presses to produce parts in accordance with specifications.
- Set, align and secure dies, set ram stroke, etc., to perform such operations as blank, shear, trim, punch, form draw, extrude, etc., in progressive, compound, cam acting or combination dies of complex design.
- Set stripper, knock-out, ejecting and safety devices, lubrication systems and coil feeds.
- Convert multi-purpose dies and improvise standard set ups for special adaptations when required.
- Perform minor die maintenance and minor die changes.
- Program and/or set up required sensing, support equipment and instruments for feeders, lubrication, air, part ejection and sensors.
- Ability to operate more than one press at a time when appropriate.
- Work from drawings and samples.
- Use precision measuring instruments for "operator self inspection."
- Assist the Press room supervisor with special projects.
- Misc. forklift duties
- General cleaning and housekeeping
- Display willingness to assist and train others when necessary.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- At least three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of metal stampings industry required.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally using both oral and written means.
- A team oriented approach to solving problems in a self-directed work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based upon production demand and at least 50 hours per week.
- Must supply own hand tools.
- This position requires frequent walking and standing, and regular twisting, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.