Senior New Product Development Engineer
We are seeking an individual for the position of Senior Product Development Engineer. This individual is responsible for performing assignments of a complicated nature with minimal guidance. Operates independently with limited guidance from managers and or/senior engineers. They are expected to execute projects by using off-the-shelf technology independently. Readily identifies and applies technical tools. Senior Engineer Technical usually performs many of the following tasks:
- Leads cross-functional projects or programs involving design, fabrication, validation, and manufacture of complex subassemblies, systems, processes, equipment or facilities.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Successfully establishes and maintains partnerships with peers, suppliers and customers.
- Leads multiple operations projects and provides consistent operational leadership or support.
- Willing and successful in taking appropriate risk.
- Can justify risk under critical review.
- Demonstrates the capacity to understand business.
- Participates in technical work of customer innovation projects and other strategic business initiatives.
- Conceives and owns entire projects using engineering best-practices.
- Utilizes a deep technical understanding in one or more operational areas, (e.g. materials science, equipment design, refrigeration, automation or process technologies)
- Demonstrates the ability to influence, inspire and collaborate with widely varied stakeholders.
- Utilizes advanced quality engineering and systems techniques with bottom-line impact.
- Review manuals for technical content and coordinate with technical writers.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from universities or colleges accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Required to have 8-15 years of relevant work experience.
- An advanced degree (MS) could be considered to replace 1-2 years of required experience.
- An advanced degree (PhD) could be considered to replace 5-8 years of required experience.
- A current Professional Engineer’s License is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented with time management skills.
- Highly competent in MS Office and CAD (Solid works preferred).
- Proficiency in complex engineering analytical CAE tools (e.g. CFD, FEA)
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.