Senior New Product Development Engineer
We are seeking an individual for the position of Senior Product Development Engineer. This individual is responsible for performing assignments of a complicated nature with minimal guidance. Operates independently with limited guidance from managers and or/senior engineers. They are expected to execute projects by using off-the-shelf technology independently. Readily identifies and applies technical tools. Senior Engineer Technical usually performs many of the following tasks:
- Leads cross-functional projects or programs involving design, fabrication, validation, and manufacture of complex subassemblies, systems, processes, equipment or facilities.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Successfully establishes and maintains partnerships with peers, suppliers and customers.
- Leads multiple operations projects and provides consistent operational leadership or support.
- Willing and successful in taking appropriate risk.
- Can justify risk under critical review.
- Demonstrates the capacity to understand business.
- Participates in technical work of customer innovation projects and other strategic business initiatives.
- Conceives and owns entire projects using engineering best-practices.
- Utilizes a deep technical understanding in one or more operational areas, (e.g. materials science, equipment design, refrigeration, automation or process technologies)
- Demonstrates the ability to influence, inspire and collaborate with widely varied stakeholders.
- Utilizes advanced quality engineering and systems techniques with bottom-line impact.
- Review manuals for technical content and coordinate with technical writers.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from universities or colleges accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Required to have 8-15 years of relevant work experience.
- An advanced degree (MS) could be considered to replace 1-2 years of required experience.
- An advanced degree (PhD) could be considered to replace 5-8 years of required experience.
- A current Professional Engineer’s License is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented with time management skills.
- Highly competent in MS Office and CAD (Solid works preferred).
- Proficiency in complex engineering analytical CAE tools (e.g. CFD, FEA)
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.