Sales Engineer – Cleaning
We are seeking an individual for the position of Sales Engineer - Cleaning. He/she will be responsible for the sale of cleaning equipment products and associated equipment. He/she will also identify, train and manage the relationship with in-market representation and act as a liaison between customer, design engineering and manufacturing to ensure customer needs are met.
- Work with in-market representatives to identify potential customers and sales opportunities. Provide training and resources to representatives. Evaluate and manage rep performance to ensure sales and profitability goals are met.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to customers
- Work with lab personnel to understand and qualify cleaning criteria.
- Prepare and present clear, accurate, and timely sales proposals based on an understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Submit technically and commercially complete sales orders including all terms and conditions.
- Meet annual revenue and margin objectives.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate effective use of CRM to manage opportunities.
- Attend seminars, trade shows and regional conventions as required.
- Support market intelligence by staying abreast of industry trends, competitors, new applications and products to support product development and marketing.
- Special sales/marketing projects as assigned.
Goals and Measurements
- Sales Revenue
- Order Pipeline
- Project Margin
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sales/Marketing is required.
- 2+ years of experience in technical equipment sales
- Knowledge and/or experience in electronic or industrial parts cleaning industry preferred
- Manufacturing and operations knowledge a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Manufacturing familiarity
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, customer specifications, warranties, company standards, electrical schematics and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of the organization—verbally and in writing.
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills /troubleshooting ability
- Multitasking ability
- Takes Initiative
- Team Oriented
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; reach above shoulders; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is that of a professional office that is attached to a manufacturing facility. It should be expected that there may be time spent in supplier and/or customer facilities as well. Domestic travel is to be expected and some international travel may be required. Ability to travel up to 50% of the time required.