Regional Sales Manager - Western Region
This position is responsible for contributing to the success of The Vollrath Company LLC. The Regional Sales Manager will accomplish this by being responsible for all sales of Stoelting food service equipment so as to achieve the desired sales volume and profit contribution within the assigned territory. Heavy focus on developing the dealer network with follow up to end users and distribution support.
- Work with dealers and national accounts in assigned territories and markets.
- Will require occasional travel and frequent contact withal assigned dealers, end users and where necessary distributors and / or manufacturer’s representatives.
- Train dealer sales representatives, reps and distributors in product and sales knowledge where required.
- When working with distributors or reps, evaluate performance in assigned territories or markets, and correct or improve performance as agreed to with manager.
- Make sales presentations in concert with dealers and customers
- Participate in planning process for new products, programs and policy.
- Communicate changes in product, price, programs and policy to dealers and distributors on a timely basis
- Responsible for sales forecasts and meeting sales and profitability goals in assigned territories or product lines
- Effective and ongoing interaction as needed with cross functional departments, specifically but not limited to technical service, customer service, marketing, engineering, finance
- Effective territory management within established corporate expense and reporting guidelines
- Obtain market intelligence, complete sales reports, prepare sales projections and forecasts, conduct surveys, and prepare sales, marketing training or price book materials, as required
- Remain abreast of industry trends to anticipate customer needs, evaluate competitive products and recommend appropriate product or market changes
- Assist in setting up, working and dismantling of trade shows as required
- Develop product specifications and participate in new product development as assigned
- Special sales/marketing projects as assigned
- 5+ years of Industry experience
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Specialty Foodservice equipment sales a plus
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Food Service Industry expertise
- Good Mechanical Aptitude
- Challenger Selling Methodology a plus
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.