Regional Sales Manager - Vollrath Manufacturing Services
We are seeking an individual for the position of Region Sales Manager for Vollrath Manufacturing Services.The VMS Region Sales Manager is responsible for identifying and cultivating the business relationship with current and new OEM customers that have a need for standard and customized metal components and products. The VMS Region Sales Manager is accountable for meeting Sales Revenue and Margin objectives.
- Establishes, develops and manages new leads while promoting the company’s capabilities.
- Works with engineering and manufacturing to determine the feasibility of designing and manufacturing new and/or custom products.
- Meet with customers to discuss, refine, quote and sell proposed products.
- Negotiate agreements, contract pricing and terms with customers.
- Negotiate, communicate, document and obtain approval from internal and external stakeholders on long term supplier agreements
- Meet/exceed Sales Revenue and Margin objectives.
New Business Development
- Prospect and research new customer targets, creating sales leads to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities through networking in order to create new business opportunities ultimately converting into new revenue.
- Identifies potential clients, decision makers and develops new business with potential clients.
- Utilize VMS Sales framework to approach and to develop pitches to understand customer needs, concerns and objectives.
- Utilize market research and obtain knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and communicate the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
Experience and Education
- Three to five years of in-market selling experience B2B environment developing new customers. The ideal candidate will have experience with custom designed solutions to meet customer requirements. Experience in the metal fabrication environment a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
- Outstanding sales skills with the ability to build relationships with customers at various functional levels.
- Ability to network using multiple platforms including industry involvement, shows and social networking i.e. LinkedIn.
- Ability to prospect and close new business.
- Professional selling skills – product knowledge, presentation, follow-up, and ability to close.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Piece part price, tool cost, others supply parameters.
- Mechanical / technical basics.
- Read & understand blueprints.
- Conceptualize customer design needs.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including competencies with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Ability to utilize CRM tool to organize activities and schedules.
- Ability to self-direct and self-manage daily tasks and activities.
- Ability to communicate customer needs through the home office to our own engineering resources.
- PC literate-Microsoft Windows/Power Point, JDE, Matrix
- Ability to travel 50%-60% of the time.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.