Regional Sales Manager - Food Service - West
We are seeking an individual for the position of Regional Sales Manager - Food Service West. This person is responsible for food service sales and management of District Sales Mangers in the territory.
- Develop strategies, including for targeted accounts, targeted products, competitive risk and opportunities.
- Provide input for and implement corporate strategies.
- Provide input including competitive information, customer trends, and pricing issues.
- Recommend changes in distribution network as necessary.
- Manage chain accounts as necessary
- Manage operator programs
- Be responsible for major account reviews
- Work with buying groups and group conferences and do training as necessary
- Be responsible for reinforcing the company’s strategic objectives, evaluating DSM/Rep sales numbers and attaining the company plan
- Direct and lead District Sales Managers and Representatives with consideration for prior year history, distribution changes, competitive activity, account prioritization, product strategies, goal setting, strategic plan, etc.
- Provide clear and consistent communications regarding performance issues, objectives, distribution changes, pricing deviations, promotional activities, competitive issues, etc.
- Manpower assessments and recommendations (hiring/terminating as required)
- Report evaluations
- Regional meetings, planning and implementation
- Trade show leadership
- Expense control leadership and management of coop funds, support material, samples, etc., to ensure cost control and best use of company resources
- Provide ongoing input regarding performance issues and respond promptly to requests for assistance
- Provide ongoing training relative to specific requirements or growth opportunities
- Establish goals and objectives necessary and consistent with corporate goals and strategies and provide written evaluations on individual performance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of five years of industry experience
- Two years of management experience preferred
- Dealer background preferred
- Basic computer skills; spreadsheets, PowerPoint, in addition to basic blueprint reading ability and familiarity with financial reports
- Be creative
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be professional in appearance and conduct in representing the Vollrath Company.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.