Quality Engineer - Supplier
We are seeking an individual for the position of Quality Engineer. This individual will be responsible for the development, implementation and improvement of supplier quality systems in accordance with the Company procedures. Scope of product and process support includes manufacturing components, services, supplies, service parts and finished products.
- Supplier Qualification – Conduct qualification and routine system audits at supplier facilities to determine supplier capabilities. Development and maintenance of performance reports for supplier quality systems and product quality performance. Communicate new techniques, customer requirements, and performance feedback and other requests for changes in processes, products and packaging.
- Product and Process Quality-Evaluate new and existing supplier’s capability to provide products and services within established specifications by inspecting their products and validation of processes using various gages and measuring equipment. Define statistical control requirements for products to minimize variability and reduce product cost.
- New Product Development - Work closely with Engineering, Purchasing, and Marketing to determine critical characteristics, and acquire all pertinent information regarding product quality requirements, specifications, and use. This includes pre-production planning for Vollrath approval and establishing quality assurance plans for new or changed products.
- Problem Solving –Liaison with Purchasing, Engineering and Quality Assurance for resolution of Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR). Assisting suppliers in solving quality problems through root cause analysis. This includes customer complaint investigation and coordination of supplier corrective action and prevention activities. Participation in on-going product and process improvement and cost reduction efforts.
- Supplier Quality Support- Provide support and assist communications with worldwide Supplier Quality functions within Vollrath for new product development, corrective actions, and special projects related to proprietary and OEM products and services. Provide quality engineering support in the establishment, introduction, and ongoing maintenance of quality procedures, and provide training or other assistance, as necessary.
- Good working knowledge of the use of common inspection equipment and precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, height stands, surface plate instruments, electronic gaging devices, and related equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2008 Quality System Standard, auditing, statistical quality control techniques and problem solving methodology.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communications skills, with the ability to use independent judgment in decisions regarding product quality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and actively participate in cross –functional team activities in a continual improvement driven environment.
- Professional attitude with ability to collaborate and exhibit flexibility in working with suppliers and internal contacts to achieve goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quality or engineering program or related equivalent education.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance in manufacturing environment preferred.
- ASQ Certification CQE or CQA a plus, but not required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification a plus, but not required.