Quality Engineer - Manufacturing
We are seeking an individual for the position of Quality Engineer - Manufacturing. This individual will be responsible for the development, implementation, and improvement of quality systems in the areas of new product introduction, manufacturing processes, and continual improvement activities in accordance with Company procedures.
- New Product Development/Current Product Changes
- Work with customers and cross functional teams to determine critical characteristics, quality requirements, specifications, product use and process controls to assure customer satisfaction. This includes assembling all new elements necessary for internal and customer approval and establishing QA systems for new or changed products.
- Production Support Activities
- Assist in the establishment, introduction, and ongoing maintenance of quality systems and procedures.
- Provide training or other assistance as necessary in: measurement techniques, understanding process control documentation, leading root cause analysis, understanding customer requirements, and other quality fundamentals.
- Facilitate improvement projects using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Participation in customer and internal system audits.
- Development maintenance of quality performance reports (from internal and customer sources).
- Problem Solving
- Provide technical assistance to all areas of the company in resolving problems. This includes customer complaint investigation and coordination of corrective action activities.
- Provide leadership role in on-going product/process improvement efforts.
- Technical Communications
- Communication of standards, procedures and special instructions for the manufacture of new or revised products.
- Establishment of requirements and execution of approvals for new, existing or changed products.
- Experience with manufacturing quality such as: systems documentation, use of Lean and Six Sigma problem solving, PPAP fundamentals, SPC, and inspection methodology.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment in decisions regarding product quality.
- BSME, BSMET, EMSE or the equivalent work experience with professional certification (ASQ CQE/CQA).
- 3 to 5 years work experience is preferred.