Production Supervisor / CI Engineer
We are seeking an individual for the position of Production Supervisor / CI Engineer. To ensure the safe and efficient operation of the injection molding process at Vollrath. This position facilitates the operations of production processes and people to ensure competitive quality and efficiency. Additionally, this role is responsible for facilitating the implementation of plant-wide CI/Lean objectives and serve as a change agent who leads the Dane team to execute projects through a variety of CI tools and lean methodologies.
- Consistently follows, supports, and enforces safe work practices
- Active member of Dane Safety Umbrella
- Participant in safety training, audits, and incident investigations
- Actively identify and eliminate safety/ergonomic risks (JSA, JHA, PFMEA, etc)
- Support quality system policies and corrective action procedures to identify the root cause and implement corrective actions (NCMR, CCR, PPAP, etc)
- Participate and support the ISO system (internal/external audits, documentation and system enhancements)
- Review shift production reports and activities to ensure accurate reporting & documentation with appropriate corrective action for discrepancies including focus on identifying root cause
- Ensure staff support of the Master Set-Ups maintaining processing parameters as defined in related policies and procedures
- Work with production scheduling to exceed targeted delivery goals (CSP, fill rate, promises kept)
- Identify and implement root cause counter measures (RCCM)
- Completion of strategic and assigned projects on time and within budget
- Work with Vollrath Management and Engineering teams to evaluate plant tooling and machinery and recommend appropriate action to improve or maintain their efficiencies
- Identify and implement targeted cost down activities
- Work within department and project budgets
- Actively develop teams to improve efficiencies, variances, scrap, etc.
- Conduct GEMBA walks and glass wall meetings
- Responsible for the staffing of your shift including scheduled overtime, work meetings, call-ins, and vacation schedules.
- Ensure all shift personnel are following Vollrath policies, procedures and are performing jobs as described in position job descriptions
- Responsible for performance evaluations, development, discipline, of shift personnel.
- Support, participate, facilitate, lead by example, and develop staff in Lean, 6S, and continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborate with teams to identify and eliminate waste
- Develop and implement training programs in lean concepts/tools
- Facilitation of kaizen, value stream mapping, six sigma and other strategic initiatives
- Development and execution of Hoshin Kanri strategic plans
- Collection and analysis of production, quality, business data to identify and implement root cause counter measures
- Apply team based problem solving techniques to a wide variety of assignments in all areas of operations.
- Supervisory experience and/or formal education in supervision or management desired. Three years’ experience working in an injection molding manufacturing environment desired. Experience with implementing, training, and leading Lean continuous improvement opportunities is desired. Experience with JDE software is a plus.
- Requires a four-year bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably Industrial or Mechanical Engineering. Candidates without a 4-year technical degree can be considered if they possess successful work experience in operations related to continuous improvement and supervision.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment leading continuous improvement efforts utilizing Lean/Six-Sigma process methodologies and tools are preferred
- Technical experience in the plastic industry, preferably injection molding
- Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Competencies Must have effective written and verbal communication skills and work well in the team environment.
- The ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- The ability to effectively present information to other employees in the organization one on one and in-group settings.
- The ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with JDE software is a plus.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.