Product Manager - Stoelting Foodservice
We are seeking an individual for the position of Product Manager - Stoelting Foodservice. This individual is responsible for planning, directing, administering, and implementing all required activities to support sales and profit goals on assigned products. Must coordinate the efforts of all support departments to achieve strategic goals established for the assigned product families.
- Develop and implement plans for assigned products, including coordinating and directing activities in all related cross-functional departments.
- Develop and manage new product projects to achieve new product sales targets, achieve strategic directives, and maintain a constant flow of new product introductions.
- Monitor market trends and gather/document customer, competitor and market insight to identify product opportunities resulting in a rich pipeline of new product ideas.
- Prepare unit and dollar forecast, spending recommendations, product development, and strategic direction for the annual plan and other appropriate planning periods.
- Monitor sales trends for all products for assigned families. Work with planning, purchasing and sales to adjust as required, to ensure target service levels as well as inventory control.
- Prepare marketing proposals relative to competitive challenges, segment opportunities, and various significant market trends.
- Monitor pricing analysis and competitive activity and communicate significant information to appropriate parties, including operations, purchasing, sales, etc.
- Drive value process necessary to optimize cost, features, and product superiority.
- Recommend and approve copy and direction relative to support and training material.
- Monitor quality issue relative to assigned products and implement plans for corrective actions, as necessary.
- Recommend creative and media objectives and strategies and participate and approve final implementation with internal departments and outside agencies.
- Review, as required, and provide recommendations relative to legal documents concerning assigned products.
- Develop and present, as required, product line reviews, customer presentations, and sales training presentations.
- Participate in trade shows, as required and beneficial.
- Participate in operator activities, including association events and hands-on facility exercises necessary to maintain understanding of operator challenges.
- Conduct periodic business reviews that outline plans for driving growth of his/her product category
- Minimum of five years of marketing required
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in new product development required
- Experience in marketing products to the foodservice industry preferred
- Engineering experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with various functional departments and management levels.
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers from various functional areas.
- Ability to organize and manage personal time and company resources.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and present financial data.
- Knowledge of marketing research, media planning, and sales techniques.
- Ability to be creative in problem solving and strong negotiation skills.
- A degree in Marketing or Engineering, with MBA desirable.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.