Product & Sales Training Manager
We are seeking an individual for the position of Product & Sales Training Manager. This individual will be responsible for providing training for internal staff, distributors, dealers, and end user customers to maximize foodservice equipment sales by determining and solving sales and product training needs, developing curriculum and sales employees.
- Accomplishes sales and product training objectives by orienting, training, coaching, counseling employees for both internal and external customers; through the use of curriculum and train the trainer sessions to improve sales and product effectiveness.
- Achieves sales and product training operational objectives by contributing sales training information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing and scheduling training classes. Working with sales and customer service to implement standards, resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends, determine training system improvements, and implementing change.
- Meets sales training financial objectives. Forecasts sales training requirements, prepares an annual budget, schedules expenditures, analyzes variances, and initiates corrective actions.
- Determines training requirements by studying sales and marketing strategic plans and current sales results. Confers with Regional Sales Managers and Distributor Principles, reviews results of trainer coaching; evaluates training effectiveness.
- Responsible for coordinating equipment needed at training events as well as equipment needed at local training facilities
- Utilizes all forms of media to deliver training curriculum.
- Performs training programs at trade shows.
- Works directly with sales teams and distributors demonstrate Stoelting or Vollrath products.
- Develops resources by; maintaining libraries and databases; building interactive and integrated job knowledge support systems.
- Develops managerial results by orienting new Regional Sales Managers; conducting sales and product
- Participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks; participates in professional organizations.
- Development, Coordination and Execution of Training schedules
- Customer Service, Emphasizing Excellence
- Hands-on Refrigeration Experience preferred
- Development of sales and product training programs
- Familiarity with Soft Serve and Frozen Beverage Equipment preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Knowledge of Electronic Controls
- Experience with e-learning and delivery applications
- Serv Safe certified preferred
- CFSP preferred
- Presentation Skills including all forms of media
- Able to develop, document and teach sales and service curriculum
- Communication Skills (Written, Verbal, Team Dynamics, and Customer Facing) Multi-lingual preferred
- Motivates Others, Motivation for sales associates
- Foster Teamwork, Coaching, and mentoring
- Determining Customer training needs, customer closing skills in the sales process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-learning development tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Timely and professional follow-up of customer requests
Educational Background Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or 5 years’ experience training in the food service industry.