Press Room Supervisor - 2nd/3rd Shift
Menomonee Falls, WI
We are seeking an individual for the position Press Room Supervisor - 2nd/3rd Shift. In accordance with company policies and procedure, the Production Supervisor ensures that personnel operate at the highest level of safety while meeting the customers’ quality specifications and delivery requirements at the lowest cost possible.
- Ensure the shop floor is maintained in a state of order and cleanliness (6S) to ensure a safe, organized, and efficient workplace.
- Facilitate kaizen events in support of strategic goals.
- Perform safety audits and participate in ERGO assessments of key operational processes.
- Ensure that all safety training (LOTO, Safety Entrees, PIT, etc.) is provided in a timely manner to hourly employees.
- Provide assistance in root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions to address quality issues identified both internally and externally.
- Plan and communicate the daily assignments for hourly workforce as defined by the schedule created by the planning department.
- Monitor backlog of work for assigned work centers.
- Help identify and support the implementation of process improvements to improve overall shop productivity.
- Participate in new part launches to ensure each project is production ready prior to launch.
- Participate in improvement teams and support the goals of the company with regards to improving our performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Train new hires and provide adequate ongoing instruction and coaching on how to perform assigned tasks to current methods of manufacturing.
- Maintain vacation schedules, overtime records, and daily labor punching for hourly employees.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required; metal stamping experience is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a supervisory role is required.
- 1+ years of experience with lean manufacturing is required.
- Associate’s Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills Abilities and Competencies
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.