Power Electronics Engineer - Hardware
We are seeking an individual for the position of Power Electronics Engineer. This person is responsible for advanced technology development, product implementation design/development, general electrical engineering, and testing of the induction heating processes and equipment.
- Develop Advanced Hardware Technologies and algorithms for induction heating.
- Design resonant converter circuits for induction heating systems to meet stated requirements.
- Perform detailed design calculations, select electrical components, and identify potential component vendors to select and qualify parts to meet system needs and cost.
- Be capable of prototype assembly for testing and verification of the circuits.
- Prepare detailed test plans for component circuitry, monitor test performance, correct deficiencies as needed, and prepare test reports and recommendations to management.
- PCB Design – Schematic and layout
- Design for product release for reliability, product safety standards, and EMI standards.
- Provide support to different parts of the organization with technical problems on released and returned products.
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules for assigned projects. Provide reports to management and customers as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering personnel.
- Work with firmware engineers to develop new designs and support released product.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 2 years experience in power electronics academic specialty laboratory & study -Or-
- 7+ years industry experience including advanced development
Preferred Experience Requirements
- Master’s Degree Academic Power Electronics Study -And-
- 3-5 year Industry Experience
Minimum Education Requirements
- BS in Electrical Engineering – Power Electronics Emphasis or Experience
Preferred Education Requirements
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering - Power Electronics
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Competencies
- Experience with power electronics applications, including induction heating, low voltage inverters, UPS systems, or similar technologies.
- Working knowledge of power semiconductors, IGBTs and MOSFETs, soft switching technologies and DC/DC conversion. Knowledge of microcontroller, DSP is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of UL and IEC standards for power conversion products a plus
- Electrical and Electronic testing equipment skills
- Function as team member contributing to efforts of product development to achieving project deliverables.
- Strong teamwork and customer-focused orientation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak Chinese a plus
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.