Power Electronics Engineer - Firmware
We are seeking an individual for the position of Power Electronics Firmware Engineer. This individual is responsible for firmware design, development, engineering, and testing of the induction cooking processes and equipment.
- Function as team member contributing to efforts of product development to achieving project deliverables.
- Design and develop control algorithms for power electronics using C/C++ programming language.
- Develop product level and system level control firmware to meet user experience requirements.
- Work with power electronics hardware engineers to develop new and support released product with a firmware focus.
- Prepare detailed test plans for product code, monitor test performance, correct deficiencies as needed, and prepare test reports and recommendations to management.
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules for assigned projects. Provide reports to management and customers as needed.
- Support manufacturing and customer service with technical problems on released products.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering personnel.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics, or similar discipline.
- Experience with analog design and power conversion.
- Experience with power electronics control algorithms or other closed loop control systems.
- Experience with power electronics applications, including induction heating, low voltage inverters, UPS systems, or similar technologies.
- Experience with C/C++ programming for microcontrollers and DSPs, assembly language control experience not required but a plus.