Operations Supervisor - 3rd Shift
We are seeking an individual for the position of Operations Supervisor. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a sense of urgency to supervise factory production and planning operations; a person who will work collaboratively with the rest of the organization to achieve the overall business objectives for his/her span of control; someone who will make data-driven decisions and utilize critical thinking including risk/reward trade-offs. This person will provide regular progress reports and summaries to all levels of the organization from the shop floor to Operations leadership.
- Supervise, plan, and schedule all production activities for hourly workforce.
- Assist in the development of the production schedule with the Production Scheduling team and execute the schedule accordingly.
- Assign operations and work functions to all assigned personnel.
- Perform assignments in accordance with the current labor agreement and shop rules.
- Administer discipline according to shop rules and labor agreement.
- Provide adequate instructing for employees to perform assigned tasks to current methods of manufacturing.
- Provide a high level of customer service through on-time deliveries and total quality commitment.
- Conduct quality audits to assure product is manufactured in accordance with quality commitment.
- Job assignments are to be scheduled to maximize conformance to customer delivery requirements.
- Provide a healthy, safe work environment
- Maintain a work environment in accordance with current health and safety regulations and standards.
- Provide proper instruction for use of all materials and equipment.
- Be able to perform necessary first aid treatment and/or provide arrangements for conveying to hospital or doctor.
- Determine correct manufacturing methods that address efficiency, quality, and safety.
- Review Routings, blueprints, and Quality Check sheets for accuracy on all items.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance to keep documentation current.
- Participate in and lead Continual Improvement/Lean Six Sigma Projects.
- Assist in planning and reviewing of Departmental Budgets.
- Assist the Production Manager in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Review actual results versus budgetary figures on a regular basis.
- Assist in personnel planning.
- Review current and future work loads in each function and adjust personnel levels accordingly.
- Maintain vacation schedules for employees.
- Maintain overtime records in accordance with labor agreement.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of necessary supplies.
- Maintain 5S/housekeeping practices which are conducive to quality production and the highest attainable safety standards.
- Maintain proficiency in technological advances in the industry.
- Attain necessary knowledge for structured problem solving techniques.
- Provide an avenue for open communication with employees and management personnel.
- Must have strong leadership and human resource skills.
- Combination of education and work experience, equivalent to a college degree.
- Prefer five to seven years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of, and experience in using, lean manufacturing tools.