New Product Development Project Manager
We are seeking an individual for the position of New Product Development Project Manager. This individual will maintain work plans, schedules, and budgets for New Product Development projects and periodically present the status of each to management. He/she will facilitate and coordinate project activities to maximize use of concurrent engineering practices to shorten project timelines.
- Maintain work plans, schedules and budgets for New Product Development projects and periodically present status of each to management.
- Work closely with Product Engineering, Marketing, and Industrial Design team representatives to facilitate timely completion of early project phase activities.
- Work closely with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Purchasing to coordinate tight collaboration between the groups to ensure manufacturability, assembly, cost and process issues have been optimized.
- Facilitate and coordinate project activities to maximize use of concurrent engineering practices to shorten project timelines.
- Manage New Product Development project risk:
- Determine probability and impact of risks
- Develop strategic plans to reduce impacts of risks
- Track, monitor and document risk factors
- Critical path analysis
- Leadership and Mentoring:
- Lead, manage and facilitate 5-9 New Product Development project teams of moderate risk and impact
- Be responsible for the planning, execution and monitoring from individual New Product Development project kickoff to release for shipment.
- Document project meeting notes, key decisions and ensure all team members are properly document their functional deliverables.
- Provide structure and leadership for the team
- Facilitate effective team meetings Manage conflict and resistance
- Understand and improve team dynamics
- Identify and address common group problems
- Building Consensus:
- Build and sustain a credible, professional image
- Build trust and rapport with key stakeholders
- Secure buy-in and commitment to project goals, roles and processes
- Present powerful oral and written proposals
- Process Improvement:
- Identify and champion ideas/solutions for process improvements including but not limited to the New Product Development process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a product development related discipline (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing, or Marketing) with 5-7 years of experience in concurrent product development.
- Two-to-five years of increasing responsibility for New Product Development project and personnel management involving a broad range of technologies and processes.
- Results must demonstrate an ability to build teams, make sound decisions and drive action cross functionally.