Manufacturing Value Stream Associate
The Vollrath Company is seeking an individual for Manufacturing Value Stream Associate (3rd shift). This individual will be responsible for the safe and efficient production as well as maintaining the production of quality products in the injection molding and assembly areas. This is accomplished by communicating well and working as a team with your co-workers. Must also actively participate in continuous improvement and support Lean enterprising efforts.
- Perform daily activities with emphasis on safety, customer focus, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Support and actively participate in Lean, 6S, and continuous improvement activities.
- Consistently follow safe work practices and adhere to all company policies including ergonomics, lifting guidelines, PPE, and LOTO.
- Report all injuries, safety violations, near misses or concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Be able to operate various equipment in both the assembly and injection molding departments in a safe and efficient manner (riveter, hot stamper, tape machine, spot welder, stamping, etc...)
- Ensure safe and efficient use of assembly and injection molding processes.
- Monitor and maintain correct cycling of machines while verifying all parts and runners are picked by the robot and drop free so they are not shut into the mold.
- Inspect parts before and after trimming, cooling or fixturing. Follow the requirements of each job as outlined in the Operator Instruction Manual, SW/Job Instruction, and Control Plan.
- Keep your supervisor informed of any barriers to achieving production schedule and job standards.
- Page for appropriate support staff (Tech, MH, Maintenance, QA, Supervisor) at the press to report any unusual situation or machine conditions. Notify your supervisor if the situation was not corrected.
- Report any unusual reject quantity (greater than 30 for injection molding) to shift supervisor.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely recording of down time and reject information into the Mattec and Kronos Systems immediately.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation (SMED log, WIP tags, etc.)
- Responsible for reading and following production instructions as spelled out in the work orders, Molding and Assembly Control Plans, schedules, procedures, guidelines or as instructed by your supervisor to ensure production requirements for demand fulfillment.
- Attend all departmental and production related meetings as scheduled (gemba walks, shift meetings, etc.).
- Must be able to work required overtime hours, sometimes on short notice, which may include weekends.
- Assist and complete identified preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform routine 5S and safety inspections.
- Develop, revise, and maintain procedures and standard work.
- Assist with the investigation and implementation of new equipment and processes.
- Help with other activities/tasks as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Four years of high school or G.E.D is preferred. Injection molding and assembly experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one situation to other employees in the organization. Ability to communicate in a courteous manner with good grammar and without the use of profanity.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Requires the ability to correctly and accurately record daily production information as needed.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer, copier, printer and telephone. Must have the ability to read and understand reference materials and instructions as necessary. Should have the ability to learn about and maintain a good knowledge of part numbers and the parts they describe. It would be desirable to have working knowledge of production equipment including riveting, hot stamping, metal stamping, bar coding, bagging, and the injection molding process. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize daily tasks.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move small items weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to chest periodically over an eight-hour shift period. In addition, the employee must be able to periodically mover large heavy loads greater than 50 pounds with the assistance from a cart/dolly or pallet jack. When performing any lift employees should follow ergonomic lifting techniques and corporate guidelines (see below). Specific vision abilities required by this job include having depth perception, good peripheral vision, as well as the ability to read documents, see part detail, shorts and other deformities, and have good color vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.