Manufacturing Engineer III
We are seeking an individual for the position of Manufacturing Engineer III. The individual is responsible for the support of Vollrath Operations with focus on process definition and continuous improvement. Work includes the collection and study of production data, quality data, the conducting of engineering analysis, problem solving, work cell layout, cost / capital analysis, project management, the creation of technical specifications, and the application of lean practices. Background in fabrication and assembly required. Strong experience in laser cutting, brake presses, and welding with the ability to develop routings costing.
- Have primary responsibility for the support of specified Vollrath manufacturing lines. This includes daily sustaining work such as throughput improvements, quality improvements, recommendations for capital improvements, and NPD participation.
- Establish and maintain documentation for work cell design, equipment specifications, shop floor work instructions, and routings.
- Apply problem solving techniques to a wide variety of complex assignments in all areas of the operation - utilize statistical methods as part of the evaluation.
- Designs, specifies, and supervises the installation of equipment and machinery.
- Trains the maintenance staff and operators in the understanding of new equipment and expected product flow through a work cell.
- Be aware of and establish safety measures for equipment and work cells.
- Identify areas in the business where profit improvement can be achieved through the application of automation, methods/flow analysis, motion economy, etc.
- Develop programs and approaches that will achieve the Company’s profit improving objectives. Responsible for gathering facts, developing solutions, making and selling recommendations, implementation, and follow-up.
- Successfully facilitate and lead large project teams.
- Lead and/or participate in lean events.
- Knowledge of industrial or manufacturing engineering concepts, such as work measurement, work cell layout, motion economy, material flow analysis, etc.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to maintain effective personal contact across all organizational lines.
- Lead and/or participate in quality improvement, scrap reduction, or warranty reduction teams.
- Confers with Design Engineering concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Consults with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
Education and Experience
- Requires a 4 year bachelor’s degree in a technical field; preferably a degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering. Candidates without a 4 year technical degree can be considered if they possess the minimum demonstrated years of successful experience in Operations or in a related field.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Solid technical skills, background in metal forming, tooling, and assembly line production is desirable
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Demonstrated experience working within and supporting a quality system
- Excellent project organization and leadership skills, detail orientated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with a strong “sense of urgency”
- Ability to work both independently and with cross functional teams
- Familiar with lean practices
- Experienced in successful product launches participating via a new product development (NPD) process.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.