Manager of Major & Chain Accounts - Mexico
Seeking a Manager of Major & Chain Accounts - Mexico who will further both the short term and long term interests of The Vollrath Company, L.L.C. consistent with the company's strategic plan. Major & Chain Account Manager evaluation will be based on their overall sales results and meeting the objectives listed below and those on the Quarterly Review Matrix. Particular emphasis is to be on sales, relationship development and direct sales price listings. Dollar and percentage growth versus prior year and measured against plan both dollars and versus plan will be evaluated
- To develop strategies necessary to continually improve our competitive position within major & chain accounts. Focus on channel and account development by establishing relationships at all levels.
- Ensuring a team selling approach communicating within the Vollrath sales team and customers.
- To maintain a database of the top Chains and top growth Chains accounts which includes small wares and light equipment used, key personnel, development schedule for new openings, international growth, menu changes, preferred distribution, etc.
- To maintain a database hotel chain projects of the top chains and top growth hotel chains.
- Responsible to establish direct sales pricing for chain accounts, provide this pricing to DSM for distributor’s pricing, and keep information current.
- Monitor global chain modification and prices and make changes as appropriate
- Responsible to develop annual sales plan and accompanying strategies.
- To maintain continued communication with Mexico RSM/ DSM for updates, inventory and project execution.
- Provide a current project list detailing pending and booked sales activity on a bi -monthly basis. Ensuring to provide information as requested for updates and new opportunities.
- Participate in trade shows, selling conferences, and chain account conferences where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by Area Sales Manager.
- A college degree Business Administration or Marketing is preferred, as is food service industry experience of five years or more. Dealer experience in particular is highly valued.
- English proficiency required.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to set goals and develop and carry out plans to achieve them
- Strong follow up
- Fact based selling skills, Challenger training preferred
- Problem solving
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Set and maintain short and long term goals within the framework of the company’s strategic plan.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to effectively present information in both group and one-on-one situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
- Must know or become proficient in the use of The Cube, Concept, Vollrath Intranet, Power Point, and other technologies
- Should also demonstrate strong teamwork and be customer-focused.
- Travel required, must have the ability to travel up to 40% of the time.