Manager - International Logistics
This position is responsible for compliance, international carrier selection/management and performance, import and export freight expense, ensuring the accurate and timely completion of Import/Export documentation, and invoice auditing. This includes management of the international component of the Transportation Management System. This position will interface with and provide support with various other departments across the company to include purchasing, engineering, marketing, and new product development. This position is the recognized subject matter expert for compliance for the entire organization and is directly responsible for two administrative support personnel in the Sheboygan office.
This position is responsible for over $6 million in international transportation spend. The primary goals for this position will be quality and on time transportation services, on time shipping and delivery, trade compliance and intelligence, and cost management.
- Develop, implement, and manage the compliance program for the company.
- Develop, implement, and manage import and export transportation programs and policies.
- Negotiate and manage service provider Contracts/Agreements. The goal is to ensure optimum service levels along with identifying cost effective supply chain/logistics strategies.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of Import/ Export Documentation
- Report overall performance/financial results to management on a weekly or monthly basis as required. This will include developing and submitting formal 'Request for Quotations' to ensure competitive bidding processes.
- Review and implement strategies to improve speed to market (customer value) while reducing overall costs (cycle time and multimodal analysis).
- Develop Business Continuity Plans for key lanes and locations to ensure an effective inbound and outbound supply chain at all times.
- Manage the process of review, audit and approval of service provider invoices for payment.
- Ascertain industry best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate Vollrath within the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction
- Serve as liaison with all internal and external partners for daily operational activities
- Track, analyze and communicate key performance metrics
- Facilitate team meetings effectively
- Motivate team members to work independently and as a team toward the project objectives
- Apply DMAIC Problem-solving methodology where appropriate
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Vollrath in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Vollrath ’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Vollrath, all jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- 7 plus years’ experience in International Logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, Operations Management, Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Extensive knowledge of all modes of domestic transportation (methods / modes) including Contract / Agreement negotiations and management.
- Ability to lead, communicate and manage effectively with logistics, distribution, regulatory affairs, operations, quality assurance, supply chain management and various Service Providers (includes 3rd party Audit/Payment vendors).
- Have strong project management and communication skills working with and influencing multiple levels of management including global Service Providers.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
- Passionate, humble, trustworthy
- Ability to manage complex logistical movements
- Ability to work with others at a high and collaborative level
- Process improvement capability
- Proficiency with computer software/programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) required
- Excellent communicator. Outstanding oral and written skills, including presentation, are required
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of ERP-based material control systems
- Experience with supply chain professional organizations such as Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals or Warehousing
- Education and Research Council.
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification preferred