Key Account Manager - Wholesale
We are seeking an individual for the position of Key Account Manager. This person is responsible for meeting revenue and profit objectives for large national account and e-commerce customers in the wholesale/division. This role will work with key accounts to cultivate relationships, identify new business opportunities with new and existing customers and identify and capture market trends that will be incorporated into product development and sales proposals. This role will provide information and insights regarding customers, markets and competitors and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support pricing strategy decisions. This role will perform market-based pricing analysis/administration on a continual basis to ensure revenue and profit objectives are achieved.
- Enhance and manage partnership with channel partners to grow revenue & profit and ensure timely transfer of product data and pricing per requested formats.
- Acts as the main liaison between our Digital Marketing Initiative (DMI) team and channel partners to develop and implement marketing promotions.
- Manage and implement process improvements to streamline the data transfer process to avoid loss sales.
- Develop and implement product price strategies including segment strategies for the various markets and channels.
- Analyze market dynamics, competition, pricing trends, market opportunities, operating and sales margins in order to develop reports, procedures and tools for pricing and quoting.
- Manages weekly orders from wholesale customers and ensures shipments are accurate and on time.
- Responds to customer and consumer/end user product inquires and feedback.
- Prepares and presents new product offering to wholesale & e-commerce customers.
- Manages Amazon and other e-commerce websites for product, pricing and promotions.
- Creates and manages packaging for wholesale customers.
- Leads the monthly retail review for the retail team and VP of CSP.
- Review strategies with Retail Account Manager for feedback and recommendations.
- Maintain pricing integrity across multiple customer channels and markets.
- Coordinate proposal development with the sales team and internal management.
- Prepares and reviews sales quotations for accuracy and profitability on specific business opportunities as required.
- Utilizes CRM to establish a system of documentation, communication and review of internal and external communication with channel partners, price and proposal data, and wins and losses.
- Manages all pricing in ERP system including across the board price changes for both US and Canadian currency as well as special promotional pricing.
- Ensures file integrity.
- Administers communication and oversees distribution of price changes and promotions to field sales, channel network and internal functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including margin, pricing and ad-hoc analysis, pricing and margin issue resolution, and international pricing support.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Three + years in a sales/marketing role with big box and e-commerce channels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – specifically Advanced Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Solid understanding of the P&L and related financials.
Preferred Experience Requirements
- CRM knowledge and experience
Minimum Education Requirements
- A BA/BS degree, preferably in Business or Marketing.
Preferred Education Requirements
- MBA or equivalent
- Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Competencies
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with various functional departments, all management levels and external channel partners.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and present statistical data.
- Ability to be creative in problem solving and strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to motivate co-workers from various functional areas.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.