Key Account Manager - Vollrath Food Service
We are seeking an individual for the position of Key Account Manager located in Columbus, Ohio. This position will develop strategies and tactics that are aligned with the overall strategies of the company and to deliver growth in revenue and margin at or higher than the corporate targets.
- Strategic Focus on building relationships with all Chain Accounts and Key End User Accounts in the assigned region.
- Join national accounts managers or regional account managers semiannually at meetings with these accounts to discuss programs/opportunities on all products.
- Manager of Stoelting Foodservice products for accounts.
- Develop strategies, including targeted accounts, targeted products, competitive risk and opportunities.
- Provide input for and implement corporate strategies.
- Provide input including competitive information, customer trends, and pricing issues.
- Manage chain accounts as necessary.
- Manage key operator programs.
- Prepare an annual customer strategic review for Vollrath Senior Management.
- Prepare an annual customer strategic review for specified Key Account.
- Support key account at chain and distributor conferences.
- Be responsible for reinforcing the company’s strategic objective.
- Maintaining CRM activity to be coordinated with supporting DSMs, RSMs, & Director of Chain Accounts.
- Manage customer’s inventory and product selection.
- Provide clear and consistent communications regarding product performance issues, objectives, distribution issues, pricing deviations, promotional activities, competitive issues, etc. Present weekly strategic report to Vollrath corporate using recommended guidelines.
- Plan and implement corporate strategies with key account.
- Expense control leadership and management of coop funds, support material, samples, etc., to ensure cost control and best use of company resources.
- Provide ongoing input regarding products, service and programs, respond promptly to requests for assistance.
- Provide ongoing training relative to specific requirements or growth opportunities.
- Establish goals and objectives necessary and consistent with corporate goals and strategies and provide written documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of five years of industry experience.
- Two years of management or key account management experience preferred.
- Foodservice distribution management background preferred.
- Advanced computer skills; spreadsheets, PowerPoint, in addition to basic blueprint reading ability and familiarity with financial reports.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.