Inventory Specialist, Part-time
We are seeking an individual for the position of Inventory Specialist, Part-time.This position maintains accurate inventory records throughout all phases of the inventory accounting function: cycle counting, inventory transactions and adjustments.
- Cycle Counting - Perform daily cycle counts of finished goods, components and stainless steel. Research, record and enter adjustments. Determine the root cause of errors and communicate corrective actions to the appropriate department.
- Assist in maintaining various inventory transactions including fixing negatives, inventory location changes, return to stock transactions and scrap transactions.
- Physical Inventories - Assist in the preparation, taking of, processing and reconciliation of physical inventories as required.
- Assist production with inventory management issues.
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedures related to job responsibilities and develop streamlined processes.
- Serve as back-up in other areas of the department when necessary.
- Active team member in other projects as assigned.
- This position requires working at both our Sheboygan and Kiel locations.
- A willingness and desire to learn, good oral and written communication skills, the ability to organize and work independently.
- The position requires a resourceful attitude, attention to details, and strong analytical skills.
- Must be capable to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Be familiar with all areas in the plant such as warehouse, storerooms, production and be able to physically count any part number in the inventory master file.
- The ability to work as a team with production and engineering to improve inventory transaction processing.
- High school diploma.
- The ability to perform basic Microsoft Excel functions such as filters, sorting, and formulas.
- The ability to make accurate 10 key entries.
- Experience in JDE or other ERP systems preferable.