Injection Molding Supervisor 1st Shift
We are seeking an individual for the position of Injection Molding Supervisor 1st Shift. This position is to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the injection molding process at Vollrath. This position facilitates the operations of production processes and people to ensure competitive quality and efficiency. The Injection Molding Supervisor must possess strong supervisory skills and take an active leadership role in the motivation and development of shift employees to support customer requirements and lean manufacturing activities.
- Consistently follows, supports, and enforces safe work practices and company policies.
- Communicate with co-workers in a timely, informative and non-punishing manner.
- Keep a clean and organized work area, utilizing the concepts of 5S (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain) on a daily basis.
- Support, participate, facilitate, lead by example, and develop staff in Lean, 5S, and continuous improvement activities.
- Report all injuries, safety violations, damage, close calls or concerns in a timely fashion.
- Direct and be accountable for the activities of shift personnel with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency and communication.
- Responsible for the staffing of your shift including scheduled overtime, work meetings, call-ins, and vacation schedules.
- Ensure all shift personnel are following Vollrath policies, procedures and are performing jobs as described in position job descriptions.
- Responsible for performance evaluations (IDR), development, discipline, and attendance of shift personnel.
- Review shift production reports and activities to ensure accurate reporting & documentation with appropriate corrective action for discrepancies including focus on identifying root cause.
- Discuss status of production daily with other molding supervisors and scheduling as appropriate and ensure the transfer of appropriate information from shift to shift by all shift personnel.
- Monitor the flow of information and materials between departments and work with all departments to improve the process.
- Ensure the accuracy of all required information on labor reports and inventory transactions.
- Attend scheduled supervisor meetings.
- Attend employee meetings & all applicable safety training.
- Conduct daily GEMBA walks and periodic shift/position meetings with staff to address any issues or concerns.
- Schedule staff training and conduct refresher training when necessary.
- Actively participate as a member of the Vollrath Safety committee.
- Take a lead role with the manufacturing team to develop and maintain training of procedures for molding staff in areas of position responsibility.
- Work with Vollrath Management and Engineering teams to evaluate plant tooling and machinery and recommend appropriate action to improve or maintain their efficiencies.
- Ensure staff support of the Master Set-Ups maintaining processing parameters as defined in related policies and procedures.
- Ensure the staff follow and improve upon existing policies, procedures, and standard work to maintain inventory accuracy and inventory control.
- Support quality system policies and corrective action procedures to identify the root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Assist in maintaining department projects/status.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Requires four years high school degree or G.E.D ASSOCIATES DEGREE PER SB. Supervisory experience and/or formal education in supervision or management desired. Three years experience working in a injection molding manufacturing environment desired. Experience with implementing, training, and leading Lean continuous improvement opportunities is desired. Experience with JDE software is a plus.
- Language Skills: Must have effective written and verbal communication skills and work well in the team environment. The ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. The ability to effectively present information to other employees in the organization one on one and in-group settings. The ability to communicate in a courteous manner with good grammar and without the use of profanity.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out or provide detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to manage circumstances and make decisions when a policy, procedure or answer isn't apparent or doesn't quite fit the circumstance.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent working knowledge of injection molding, including: molds, processing machinery, materials and processing parameters. Must attend and participate in meeting and training associated with the responsibilities of the position as described. Professionalism: Must represent Vollrath professionally when working with vendors and internal and external customers. Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer, copier, fax machine, printer, etc. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with JDE software is a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment can be busy, noisy, and conditions vary with the seasons of the year. The environment also contains some mechanical and chemical hazards.
- Protective requirement include safety shoes and glasses. Other protective equipment may also be necessary based on the specific task.