Industrial Electrician - Assistant Supervisor
We are seeking an individual for the position of Industrial Electrician - Assistant Supervisor. This individual serves as a lead person to supervise other members of the skilled trades, to oversee and train individuals in the electrical apprentice program, and to conduct the regular work of a Journeyman Industrial Electrician.
The individual is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of all electrical systems within the Vollrath facility. Perform all required electrical installation and repair services to plant equipment, in conformance with established codes, specifications, and safety practices. This includes responsibility to assure that electrical systems are safe and running efficiently. Diagnosing and repairing of large industrial electrical equipment, control systems, and robotic manufacturing cells is required. Work includes installation of new capital equipment and the maintenance of older, pre-existing systems.
- Oversees the maintenance work during the assigned shift – serves as the point of contact for requests coming into the department. Either delegates to appropriate skilled trades or assumes responsibility for the work himself/herself.
- Solid communication skills required - providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, email, in written form, or in person.
- Must be able to read, follow, and understand engineering specifications, schematics, and electrical code specifications in maintaining and repairing equipment.
- Keeps machinery and equipment in a state of good repair.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, tests, maintains and repairs electrical components and wiring used in electrical systems.
- Connects power to machines or equipment and tests unit to evaluate its electrical and mechanical operation.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Analyze trial results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Troubleshoots, identifies, and replaces defective components of electrical systems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Works cooperatively with others in the facility, especially the Maintenance Mechanics to successfully trouble shoot equipment problems and make appropriate repairs.
- When diagnosing problems must think critically in their process of repairing the issue.
- When breakdowns occur, must be able to diagnose the cause of failure and make necessary repairs. Communicate necessary repair status to appropriate personnel.
- Certified Industrial Electrical Journeyman or State certified Master Electrician.
- Supervisory experience is preferred, or experience in a leadership role among the individuals peers.