Human Resources Generalist
We are seeking a individual for the position of Human Resources Generalist.This position is responsible for the staffing and success of the facility workforce. The HR Generalist will be managing and integrating human resource programs across the facility to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. This includes recruitment, selection, employment, orientation, promotions, discipline, development and terminations.
- Act as the first point of contact for team managers in human resource policy, process, procedure and best practice. Guide and coach all employee groups with respect to compliance.
- Act as business partner to the facility managers to coach on all things people related.
- Facilitate conflict resolutions between employees, and efficiently manage the process, as well as, provide consistent policy interpretation to management and employee groups.
- Conduct needs analysis studies and confer with managers and supervisors to determine organizational and training needs.
- Design people solutions working in concert with managers. consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures related to development, training, progression and team dynamics.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Screen, interview, and assist supervision with the selection of factory personnel. Conduct previous employment references on applicants. Perform new employee orientations.
- Recommend policies and selection procedures for increased effectiveness of the hiring process.
- Consult with supervision to council and discipline factory personnel in accordance with company policy and practices.
- Build and deliver front line leadership academy training
- Improve Employee engagement
- Reduce people related risks
- Keep up to date on best practices within the realm of human resources, as well as governmental regulations affecting company policies and human resources practices.
- Maintain a close relationship with associates and supervision to solve informal grievances and to solve associate and supervisory issues.
- Advise supervision and associates on interpretation of company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Work with management to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications and skills.
- Develop recruitment programs to fill job openings.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Work with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Coordinate communication with applicants.
Experience & Education
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Competencies
- Strong HR competencies; usually developed over 5+ years of experience in the field of Human Resources and/or Organizational Development
- Proven ability to gain alignment and work collaboratively and effectively across multiple stakeholders and geographies
- Experience assessing qualitative & quantitative information and identifying key insights
- Performance Management
- Training & Development
- Labor Relations
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.