Financial Accounting Manager
We are seeking an individual for the position of Financial Accounting Manager. The Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for the entire general ledger financial reporting system.This includes reporting writing, integrity reports, company & account set-up and system controls over financial postings. Also a working knowledge of the general ledger sub systems; purchasing, A/P, fixed assets, sales order and inventory.
- Manage the financial accounting group whose responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Monthly / Year End Financial Consolidation
- Fixed asset management
- Accounting for foreign entities
- Accounting for rebates and commissions
- Tax Reporting
- Supporting sales reporting
- Consolidate financial statements monthly and complete related reports to be prepared on a timely basis for submission to the Board, bankers, and executive management.
- Entire general ledger financial reporting system.
- This includes reporting writing, integrity reports, company & account set-up and system controls over financial postings.
- Also a working knowledge of the general ledger sub systems; purchasing, A/P, fixed assets, sales order and inventory.
- Assist in the annual audit process including preparation of audit requests, consolidated financial statement preparation and audit report writing.
- Prepare and review the consolidated annual budget for all operating divisions. Assist in setting budget assumptions.
- Oversee and provide financial analysis as required by the business to make sound business decisions.
- Ensure appropriate controls over financial reporting are in place and operating effectively.
- Supervise, direct, instruct, and review the work of the Financial Accounting Department.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual tax book schedules and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Recommend and oversee (from both an accounting and a “desired result” perspective) system changes and improvements related to financial reporting and all functions reporting to the position.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of financial accounting policies, procedures, and overall internal controls.
- Be a strategic partner to the business to help design information for decision making related to information from the financial accounting department.
- Special projects as required – system implementations, M&A work, tax restructuring, etc.
- Other projects and duties as directed by the Director of Finance / Controller.
- College degree with major in accounting. CPA and/or Masters/MBA in related area preferred.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to a changing environment driven by growth and acquisitions.
- Demonstrated managerial effectiveness and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical ability, high degree of intelligence, energy, and ambition.
- Desire to continually develop and grow team members.
- Broad business outlook. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Alignment with the Company’s core values which include:
- Treat all People with Respect
- Take Ownership
- Empower Action
- Commitment to Stakeholders
- Life Beyond Work