Equipment Service Specialist
We are seeking an individual for the position of Equipment Service Specialist. This individual will demonstrate the company mission statement “Outperform Everyday” by helping our customers solve their problems and improve their profitability by being their advocate. This includes being customer focused, a team player, taking ownership of and solving problems in a fast and effective manner, and being technically adept.
- Be a change agent.
- Identify and challenge reasoning behind current processes.
- Support alternative solutions for process improvements, and recognize benefits of the change.
- Be a team player.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments.
- Actively participate in, and maintains relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Focus on team goals and takes initiative to achieve them.
- Promote a positive working relationship with team members.
- Maintain an open-minded attitude.
- Work with team members openly to resolve conflicts.
- Drive continuous improvement. Challenge established work procedures and suggest alternatives.
- Interact directly with our customers.
- Provide fast, accurate and friendly information and support to our customers.
- This includes:
- Information on our products’ features
- New products being offered
- Price information
- Sales order status
- Product availability
- Relationship building by understanding our customers’ needs
- Provide support to our Field Sales personnel, as the critical link inside the company.
- This includes information on order status, product availability, new product introductions, and customer account issues (including pricing issues.)
- Manage customer accounts.
- Ensure open sales orders are processed in a timely and correct fashion.
- This includes reviewing reports and making inquiries.
- Ensure special customer requirements for conditions of sale are documented and implemented properly.
- Provide support for customer warranty issues by performing the following:
- Troubleshooting the problem with the customer on the phone
- Opening a service call related to a warranty problem
- Advise the customer on how to address the problem.
- Send correspondence to a designated service agency.
- Follow up on open service calls and ensure timely execution of the remedy.
- Communicate with the customer and service agency, as needed.
- Maintain a high level of technical product knowledge through internal training programs, reviewing available literature and personal interaction with Product Managers, Engineers and other experts.
- Communicate with the Customer Service and Fabricated Equipment Management, Project Managers, and Product Managers on new, unique and persistent issues, to seek understanding, problem solving and future product improvements.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers and coworkers to ensure smooth and communication and problem resolution.
- Responsible for working with your team to attain a world-class level of Customer Service.
- Fast and efficient telephone response, order processing and problem resolution, with strong understanding of customers’ needs.
- This includes learning from each other, sharing workloads, and solving problems together.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong PC and ERP-based skills.
- Strong teamwork and customer-focused orientation.
- Self-starting, analytical, problem solver, decision making.
- Ability to take a broad view of department and corporate operations and functions.
- Technical service experience and electrical knowledge preferred.
- Ability to handle several projects and/or tasks simultaneously.
- Organized, flexible, strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A degree beyond high school preferred.