Engineer - Senior Team Lead
We are seeking an individual for the position of Engineer - Senior Team. This individual is responsible for project management (multiple team size: 6+ engineers/designers). They execute projects requiring masterful deployment of highly uncertain new technologies with large unique integration. They conceive of and execute enabling technologies with broad applications.
- Maintains schedules through interaction with Engineering management and the NPD teams.
- Works as single point of contact on multiple projects and across multiple teams.
- Maintain ongoing project requirements and specifications for multiple projects.
- Mentors and/or supervises less experienced engineers.
- Persuasive team leader who is regarded as subject matter expert.
- Cross-pollinates best practices.
- Primary resource for corporate senior/executive management on technical matters-often with extensive customer influence and/or technical complexity.
- Can justify risk under critical review by creating the broad business context.
- Conceives of new technical requirements, strategies or business practices in order to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrates product/process expertise in multiple technologies or categories with global reach and influence.
- Manufacturing technology expert, with global reach and influence.
- Results include leadership of multiple manufacturing processes or technologies each with significant business impact.
- Problem solving and quality systems expert, with global reach and influence.
- Results include numerous improvements programs with significant business impact, with a combination of expertise in quality tools, customer experience and process technologies.
- Develop engineers skill set.
- Ongoing design reviews/brainstorming sessions with engineers/designers working on projects under your control.
- Work with other engineers to help increase their knowledge skills.
- Develop analytical processes.
- Share experience.
- Review other concepts/designs.
- Applicants for Senior Team Lead – Mechanical need to have a Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from universities or colleges accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Required to have 15 + years of relevant work experience.
- Required to have an advanced degree (MS). Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Travel as required to support projects.
- Detail oriented with time management skills.
- Highly competent in MS Office and CAD (Solid works preferred).
- Proficiency in complex engineering analytical CAE tools (e.g. CFD, FEA)
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.