Engineer Lead - Industrial Cleaning
We are seeking an individual for the position of Engineer Lead - Industrial Cleaning. The Engineer Lead is a persuasive individual responsible to lead design and develop electrical/electro-mechanical and control systems. Also, responsible for overseeing project management on design, development, and improvement of new and existing industrial cleaning products. Direct and coordinate activities of the engineering team (team size: 5+ engineers/designers) which include design, manufacture and test electronic, and failure analysis as required.
- Research, design, and develop electrical components, equipment and systems to be used in the Industrial cleaning equipment. Lead the team to incorporate the latest technology on all aspects of electrical, electro-mechanical and control systems of cleaning equipment with a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing specifications.
- Confer with management, production, sales and purchasing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products. Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary
- Specify and configure electrical and electromechanical hardware per application specification. Develop, maintain, and optimize control systems across different machine types.
- Review and manage department workload by assigning project priorities and coordinating personnel to deliver projects on time and on budget. Expedite or adjust manpower levels to meet deadlines.
- Maintains schedules through interaction with Engineering management and the project team.
- Confer with production, test, purchasing and sales to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. May draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Actively leads the use of Quality tools, often at a group or divisional level. Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to ISO work instructions and other reated documents.
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- Mechanical and electrical engineers, designers and detailers.
- Sound administration skills, well-development management skills to lead employees.
- Engineering degree (BEng, MEng or EE) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality assurance or related field.
- Required to have 8-15 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. An equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
- An advanced degree in engineering is preferred.
- Specific Industry Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Electrical control integration, equipment, products, and systems for industrial machinery focused on machine control and data acquisition systems including:
- PLC equipment (Allen Bradley Control, Siemens)
- HMI programming
- Drives and PID control programming
- Robotic programming
- Knowledge on electrical design and safety standards for industrial machinery – IEC, IEEE, NEMA, etc.
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with effective communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Highly competent in MS Office and CAD (Solid works preferred). Proficiency in complex engineering analytical CAE tools (e.g. CFD, FEA)
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative management style – advocates positive team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage project schedules.
- Strong leadership and mentoring experience.
- A commitment to excellence and exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Ability to understand complex problems and collaborate with others to provide effective solutions.
- Provide orientation and on-the-job training for direct reports and ensure that the authority and responsibility for each position is defined and understood.
- Ensure that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood
- Travel as required to support projects.