Engineer II - Countertop Equipment
We are seeking an individual for the position of Engineer II - Countertop Equipment. This individual is responsible for completing professional engineering assignments of a moderately broad scope. They are expected to support and lead projects by using off-the-shelf technology with minimum guidance.
- Assumes responsibility of all engineering project work and delegates or coordinates sub-tasks to other functions.
- Supports or leads multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work independently within supplier facilities to represent the product design requirements.
- Demonstrates and acts on: curiosity, continuous questioning, and open minded investigation
- Makes appropriate decisions using decision support tools and critical thinking including risk/reward and critical pathing.
- Mindful of business impact.
- Contributes to minor technical work of consumer innovation projects and other strategic business initiatives.
- Leads the technical work of projects and other business initiatives.
- Displays technical competency in one or more operational areas (e.g. automation, electronics, materials, equipment design, and refrigeration).
- Demonstrates and acts on quality traits: analytical, hands-on, high standards, facilitating and systematic.
- Leads the technical work of consumer focused projects and other quality initiatives.
- Proficient in Quality Engineering and problem solving tools, including Reliability analysis.
- Establish new product bills of materials and manage change process on current production machines.
- Create assembly and sub-assembly drawings and release to production.
- Participate in building and testing engineering prototypes.
- Maintains state-of-the-art awareness of relevant product technologies, analysis methods, design tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from universities or colleges accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Required to have 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- An advanced degree (MS) could be considered to replace 1-2 years of required experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Strong communication skills. English and Mandarin preferred.
- Detail oriented with time management skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and CAD (Solid works preferred)
- Proficiency in complex engineering analytical CAE tools (e.g. CFD, FEA)
- Ability to read and use measuring devices.
- Capable of using accepted formulas and manuals in making necessary computations to determine load capacities, strengths, etc.
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.