Engineer II - Countertop Equipment
We are seeking an individual for the position of Engineer II - Countertop Equipment. This individual is responsible for completing professional engineering assignments of a moderately broad scope. They are expected to support and lead projects by using off-the-shelf technology with minimum guidance.
- Assumes responsibility of all engineering project work and delegates or coordinates sub-tasks to other functions.
- Supports or leads multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work independently within supplier facilities to represent the product design requirements.
- Demonstrates and acts on: curiosity, continuous questioning, and open minded investigation
- Makes appropriate decisions using decision support tools and critical thinking including risk/reward and critical pathing.
- Mindful of business impact.
- Contributes to minor technical work of consumer innovation projects and other strategic business initiatives.
- Leads the technical work of projects and other business initiatives.
- Displays technical competency in one or more operational areas (e.g. automation, electronics, materials, equipment design, and refrigeration).
- Demonstrates and acts on quality traits: analytical, hands-on, high standards, facilitating and systematic.
- Leads the technical work of consumer focused projects and other quality initiatives.
- Proficient in Quality Engineering and problem solving tools, including Reliability analysis.
- Establish new product bills of materials and manage change process on current production machines.
- Create assembly and sub-assembly drawings and release to production.
- Participate in building and testing engineering prototypes.
- Maintains state-of-the-art awareness of relevant product technologies, analysis methods, design tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from universities or colleges accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Required to have 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- An advanced degree (MS) could be considered to replace 1-2 years of required experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Strong communication skills. English and Mandarin preferred.
- Detail oriented with time management skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and CAD (Solid works preferred)
- Proficiency in complex engineering analytical CAE tools (e.g. CFD, FEA)
- Ability to read and use measuring devices.
- Capable of using accepted formulas and manuals in making necessary computations to determine load capacities, strengths, etc.
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.