Director of Sales – Smallwares & Countertop Equipment
We are seeking an individual for the position of Director of Sales - Smallwares & Countertop Equipment. This person leads a team of Regional and District Sales Managers as they drive profitable sales growth for the foodservice business through operators, dealers and other foodservice channel partners and end users. This role is responsible for planning, directing and executing the company’s short and long-range sales strategy in support of the Vollrath Company’s strategic plan.
- Play a key role in defining the vision and setting goals, objectives and priorities for the U.S. and Canada Foodservice Sales Channel.
- Lead the regional sales teams to deliver/exceed Vollrath's annual business targets, including top line revenue, gross margin profitability, share growth, cost management and forecast accuracy.
- Build enduring and competitively stronger/deeper customer relationships at the senior levels of Vollrath's channel partners. Ensure the alignment of goals and objectives to drive growth for both organizations.
- Leverage rich market knowledge (e.g., industry trends, operator insights, customer and competitive activity) to identify and define key business issues and growth opportunities across Vollrath's foodservice business portfolio. Communicate in timely and effective manner with Vollrath personnel regarding product or policy issues and industry or competitive insights
- Coach, develop and motivate regional sales teams; build/enhance their functional capabilities, business acumen and leadership skills to maximize individual and team performance. Ensure that the sales teams have the appropriate level of training and development.
- Optimize talent management programs, organizational/team structure, employee engagement programs, and performance management systems for the foodservice sales organization.
- Define and engage with a network of operators (including chain & independent restaurants, hotel & lodging, college & university, and other target vertical markets), dealers, consultants, dealer designers, food management companies, and group purchasing organizations.
- Provide input and coordinate the development of key activities including field activity, market strategy, incentive promotions and credits, training, trade shows, sales forecast, projected market penetration, budget estimates, prices, terms of sale and discounts.
- Drive the specification of Vollrath serving systems and components where possible. This includes consulting with Vollrath Equipment Sales Managers (ESMs) and/or channel partners when necessary on opportunities, and referring opportunities for these products to Vollrath ESMs and/or channel partners where applicable.
- Use company forms and logs for customer complaints, samples, weekly reports, equipment logs, CRM reporting, etc., in an effective and timely manner. Oversee and submit Weekly Reports as directed.
- Careful maintenance of all company-provided tools such as computers, smart phones, etc. is required. Demonstrate careful control of overall expenses including travel costs, samples and consignment products. Expenses must meet company guidelines. Consignment product is to be resolved within six months of billing. Maintain samples and consignment product necessary for demonstrations, shows, and meetings.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required, MBA preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of eight years of related sales and marketing experience required.
- Prior supervisory experience required. Must be able to effectively lead and deliver results through others.
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 50%) and when required work nights and weekends.
- Ability to set short-and long-term goals within the framework of the company’s strategic plan and to develop and execute plans to achieve them. Ability to prioritize time and effort for results.
- Experience calling on and having established relationships with foodservice dealers, operators, food management companies and buying groups is highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience with a structured sales process is desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Act-On Marketing Automation software is desirable, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to effectively follow-up in a timely manner. Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive for results, solve problems, work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong ability to deliver sales presentations and communicate product features and technical details. Ability to deliver clear and concise reports within Vollrath.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Must know or become proficient in the use of CMS, The Cube, Concept, Vollrath Intranet, and other technologies as they become available.
- Professional in appearance and conduct while representing the Vollrath Company.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.