Director of Sales - Serving Systems & Components
The Director of Serving Systems & Component Sales leads a diverse group of equipment sales experts as they assist consultants, dealer designers, operators and other commercial foodservice professionals in specifying and purchasing the appropriate Vollrath product(s) for their projects. This role is responsible for planning, directing and executing the company’s short and long-range sales strategy in support of the Vollrath Company’s strategic plan.
- Develop long-term sales plans that drive the specification, and deliver the sales plan of Vollrath serving systems and fabricator components.
- Define and engage with local network of operators (including K-12, College & University, Healthcare, Business & Industry, Hotel & Lodging, Recreation – Stadium/Arena/Entertainment), consultants, dealer designers, dealers, food management companies, group purchasing organizations, general contractors and fabricators.
- Provide input and coordinate the development of key activities including field activity, market strategy, incentive promotions and credits, training, trade shows, sales forecast, projected market penetration, budget estimates, prices, terms of sale and discounts.
- Drive the specification of Vollrath countertop equipment and smallwares where possible.
- Own and manage Vollrath’s structured equipment sales process to:
- Provide input and feedback on the company’s lead capture and nurturing efforts
- Consult with qualified leads and drive proposal requests
- Maintain a log of opportunities within CRM system
- Assist in the research and development phase of projects
- Support the Vollrath team with the estimate, mechanical design, visual design and quote steps in the process, facilitating communication with the customer
- Escalate large opportunities to Business, Sales, Operations and Finance leadership to ensure profitability and execution
- Drive purchase orders and design sign off
- Remain accessible after delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
- Participate in escalation procedures
- Manage relationships on an ongoing basis and work to uncover and generate new opportunities
- Communicate in timely and effective manner with Vollrath personnel regarding product or policy issues and industry or competitive insights.
- Use company forms and logs for customer complaints, samples, weekly reports, equipment logs, CRM reporting, etc., in an effective and timely manner. Oversee and submit Weekly Reports as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of eight years of related experience required. Marketing, operations or engineering experience in addition to sales is desirable
- Prior leadership experience required
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 50%) and work nights and weekends when required
- Ability to set short-and long-term goals within the framework of the company’s strategic plan and to develop and execute plans to achieve them.
- Experience calling on and having established relationships with foodservice consultants and dealer designers is highly desirable
- Experience with a structured sales process is required
- Ability to learn and understand commercial foodservice product’s features and installation
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive for results, solve problems, work independently and take initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong ability to deliver sales presentations and communicate product features and technical details.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs and other technologies as they become available
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Act-On Marketing Automation software is desirable
- Expertise in foodservice operation layout and design, CAD and Revit is desirable
- Understanding of mechanical design, electronics, basic plumbing, NSF and UL standards