Design Engineer I - New Products
We are seeking a individual for the position of Design Engineer. This individual will prepare design layouts and product configurations of components using 3D solid modeling design packages.
- Create design layouts and product configurations of complete systems and subsystems using 3D modeling (e.g. SolidWorks), CAE analysis tools, and basic engineering principles in response to functional and performance requirements.
- When assigned as part of a design team, leads and directs Design/Drafters engaged in part detailing, drawing creation, BOM definition, and design specifications.
- Write Engineering documents such as ECR’s, SFR’s, WOR’s, etc.
- Establish new product bills of materials.
- Participate in design and product improvement teams.
- Perform FEA and other engineering analyses in support of product development or improvement projects.
- Manage change process on current production models.
- Develop solutions to problems in order to meet customer requirements.
- Provide direction in building engineering prototypes.
- Provide assistance in the selection and operation of all CAD software and hardware.
- Respond to, identify, and recommend solutions to manufacturing and quality problems.
- Provide product information to other resources.
- Act as first line advisor and liaison between Project Managers, other Engineers and Designers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with CAE tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Engineering design software (e.g. SolidWorks).
- Understanding of statics, strength of materials, dynamics, kinematics, and basic manufacturing methods.
- Ability to perform complex design modeling/drafting via all standard modeling/drawing techniques with little or no supervision.
- Have working knowledge of a variety of raw materials, including plastics, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Able to read, understand, and create engineering drawings.
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, CAD).
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to read and use measuring devices.
- Limited travel is required.
- Successfully complete all training required by the safety/training matrix within 6 months, or within time constraints set by governmental regulations.
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.