Customer Service Representative
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative. The Customer Service Representative provides world-class service through timely responses to customer inquiries, accurate order processing, and creative problem resolution.
- Provide a world class customer service experience to the Business to Business Customer while maintaining a positive, proactive, and problem-solving approach to account management.
- Receives, prioritizes, and responds to inbound customer inquiries via phone, email, and fax
- Responsible for order management, within defined procedures and policies, which includes: order entry, change requests, cancellations, claims, and returns
- Proactively looks to resolve customer concerns or requests for assistance, identifying root cause and prevention
- Responsible for bringing value to the team environment, working with others to complete tasks, projects, and workload on time
- Exercise empowerment to make decisions which benefits both the business and customers’ needs
- Maintains Vollrath & Stoelting product knowledge required to support order management and pre & post sale questions
- Ability to retain information and utilize resources available to find solutions
- Provide support to our field sales personnel
- Be a change agent. Identify and challenge reasoning behind current processes. Support alternative solutions for process improvements and recognize the benefits of the change.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and actively participate in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates willingness to take initiative for own growth and development
- 2 years Customer Service experience in a manufacturing setting
- High School Degree or equivalent Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Competencies
- Demonstrates passion for providing world-class customer service
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Must have superior telephone skills and strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft and experience working with an ERP system
- Basic knowledge of logistics and shipping functions
- Basic technical aptitude (read drawings, understand bill of materials, parts identification)
- Must display a strong sense of urgency and follow through
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.