Corporate Director of Quality Assurance
We are seeking a individual for the position of Corporate Director of Quality Assurance. The Director of Quality Assurance position is responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of The Vollrath Company L.L.C. Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines.
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates a QMS for manufacturing plants, to include ISO 9001, FDA (Medical and Food Safety), along with other regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement (Supplier Quality Function).
- Manages corporate quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection (Suppler Quality Function).
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Implements and trains structured root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Monitors vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors (Supplier Quality Function).
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Coordinate internal and external quality audits, including scheduling, training and selection of auditors. Initiate corrective actions and follow-ups to audit findings.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overseas travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or business administration, or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management, with five (5) years as a CQE/CQM in a medium-size manufacturing environment.
- Five (5) years experience in supplier quality and supplier development, preferably in China.
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or business administration. (Preferred)
- Experience working administrating a quality system in a multi plant organization. (Preferred)
- Six Sigma black-belt certification, with a proven track record of business performance improvement. (Preferred)