Consumer Business Development
We are seeking an individual for the position of Consumer Business Development.This position will be responsible for assisting sales with the newly established consumer products business. This individual will be the key contact for existing retailers providing sales and marketing resources, support and planning. In addition, this individual will be responsible for lead/opportunity management including customer qualification of new retailers. Primary account management will be via phone, vendor portal and email with some travel.
- Creates and analyzes pricing data and makes recommendations for new product lines
- Works collaboratively with marketing to create robust programs for the retailers
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing retailers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls and converts to sales opportunities.
- Evaluates lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, aged leads, prior customers, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Become the subject matter expert on consumer products, process, marketing, and specialty retailer business.
- Works with retailers through the purchase order process emphasizing salable features, product prices and credit terms
- Sales planning and forecasting through tracking of inventory levels as necessary for standard products and potential products
- Act as liaison to the customer by advising of delivery dates, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Maintain all retailer documentation as it relates to the retailer operating guide, retailer application process and renewal. Suggest improvements as needed
- Act as primary contact with the agency of record as it relates to the web portal and updating content.
- Provide analytics to the Retail Account Manager to assist in developing and utilizing sales performance reporting for existing specialty retailers
- Drive sales efforts and update selling techniques using current materials and researching best practice in the industry.
- Co-manage the existing ecommerce business by answering customer reviews and inquiries, managing content, and assisting in online marketing efforts.
- Assist Retail Marketing Analyst with ad hoc projects, reporting, and wholesale admin tasks. Peer to peer coaching
- Utilizing the CRM database to analyze and summarize customer and prospect information to support sales efforts.
- Travel with Sales Personnel to meet with customer in market and for trade shows as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Goals & Measurements
- Meet revenue and margin objectives for the Wholesale/Consumer division.
- Completion of assigned tasks on time and in a quality manner.
- Ability to communicate and form strong working relationships between Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Quality Assurance.
- Ability to form strong relationships with customers and respond to all requests in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year university required.
- Minimum 1-2+ Yrs. experience developing customers and implementing newly introduced programs
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office, Showcase, CRM Dynamics, JDE and the ability to learn current Vollrath systems.
- Excellent communication skills. Good customer presentation skills. Acumen in selling and marketing.
- Self-directed and motivated with the ability to facilitate problem solving within a newly introduced sales solution.
- Some travel may be required. Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.