Category Manager - Procurement
We are seeking an individual for the position of Category Manager - Procurement. This individual will develop and implement the procurement strategy of assigned goods and services from suppliers, specific to reducing cost and finding synergies among the divisions and meeting operational needs. He/she must be willing and able to lead coordination with suppliers in the areas of New Product Development, engineering, quality, manufacturing and materials, making the best decisions for the division and the corporation. This individual will be energetic and will have a positive influence on the organization’s sourcing requirements through lean thinking, problem solving, negotiating, communicating and stakeholder leadership in order to meet the department, divisional and corporate sourcing goals.
- Will be responsible for establishing and implementing a sustainable sourcing strategy, which will include source selection, supply base rationalization and choosing suppliers for services and materials to meet the established requirements and the goals.
- Develop and implement plans to meet yearly total acquisition cost reduction goals in conjunction with sourcing strategy.
- Reduce the delivery, quality and cost risk during supplier transitions and changes.
- Effective and precise dealings with engineering on new product development.
- Ensure compliance to rules and regulations as outlined by the division and in the corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and maintain a high level of performance professionalism in carrying out the goals of the department, division and corporation.
- Will communicate and work as a team with the Operations Purchasing teams and other management as needed.
- Manage workflow of the purchasing area in the absence of a divisional purchasing/materials manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or equivalent
- 5-plus years related procurement experience
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and/or Project Management experience desired specifically in regard to the purchasing, materials, and/or manufacturing area
- Skill and knowledge in areas of negotiating and utilization of the principles of purchasing
- Proven skills in implementation and consensus building