Category Manager - Procurement
We are seeking an individual for the position of Category Manager - Procurement. This person will develop and implement the procurement strategy of assigned goods and services from suppliers, specific to reducing cost and finding synergies among the divisions and meeting operational needs. Must be willing and able to lead coordination with suppliers in the areas of New Product Development, engineering, quality, manufacturing and materials, making the best decisions for the division and the corporation. This individual will be energetic and will have a positive influence on the organization’s sourcing requirements through lean thinking, problem solving, negotiating, and communicating stakeholder leadership in order to meet the department, divisional and corporate sourcing goals.
- Establishes and implements sustainable sourcing strategies which include: market analysis, source selection, supply base rationalization, and alignment with organizational objectives and brand goals.
- Develops and implements plans to meet yearly cost reduction goals in conjunction with sourcing strategy.
- Identifies, monitors and manages risk in the supply base and supply markets. Develops strategies to mitigate risk and effectively communicates direction to internal stakeholders.
- Provides feedback to suppliers in the areas of quality, delivery, service and cost to drive business improvements.
- Develops and effectively manages relationships with strategic suppliers.
- Ensures that suppliers are in compliance with Vollrath standards and that all suppliers are conducting business in an ethical and responsible manner that reflects Vollrath values.
- Negotiates, implements and manages supply contracts that reduce commercial risk and deliver long term value to Vollrath.
- Provide leadership and maintain a high level of performance professionalism in carrying out the goals of the department, division and corporation.
- Establishes should cost models for key products to ensure optimization of sourcing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent
- 5-plus years related procurement experience
- CPSM, CSCP or equivalent
- Six Sigma training or significant experience with lean concepts
- Experience with electronics and electrical components inclusive of circuit board manufacturing, heating and cooling systems and electro-mechanical components.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.